Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the welds on the seat riser are complete and all i need to do now is add the seam sealer to the area and this job is done. my question is - do i grind down the welds (you know - the ones covered by the carpet underlayment, carpet and such - only to be seen when the car is gutted again) or do i leave em as-is? or am i worrying too much about this detail?

thanks

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
It all depends on you, and your level to detail / commitment. I for one would grind them down and make them looks nice - but again, I am super anal about my work everything has to be perfect... Hrmm.... maybe that's why my resto is taking 6+ years... :no:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i agree. i was very picky with my carm trying to make all of the welds look nice, but its not really worth it. you wont see it, so depending on how fast you want your car done is what you should do

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Here, here........
I agree because when I installed the daughter's upper seat belt plate in the ceiling I ground the welds down a little even though the headliner would cover it up. I think it's more of a mental thang!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hrmm.... maybe that's why my resto is taking 6+ years... :no:
i began my resto in september of 1993...

·
Registered
466 Posts
If they look good, leave them!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was just thinking - first show out where i run into another active VMF member - they will say "oh - youre the guy who didnt grind down the welds"...

wheres my grinder...

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Quote:
Hrmm.... maybe that's why my resto is taking 6+ years...
i began my resto in september of 1993...
Don't feel too bad, 1991 and I just did get a garage to work in.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't feel too bad, 1991 and I just did get a garage to work in.
see - and the longer i take, the better my restoration is expected to be. "oh you took 13 years and still missed this detail" (even though there were several years the car sat with no work...) :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts