Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course it's in good running condition, not certain how many miles on it. He's asking $5k He also has a 1964 427 top oiler, complete never been ran with dual carbs for $5500

Fair Prices?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I think its cheap. There was a 427 that sold on the auction recently for more. IIRC the crank and block are unique to the 427. I know the crank and rods are a very desirable item...

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
I have seen alot of rebuidable complete motors selling for that price!!! Rebuilt properly, they fetch around 10 grand.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Don't blink Doug

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He said that it came out of a 68 Cougar GTE. If I recall, a few did come with the 427 side oilers. He did mention he had around 5 427 S/O's he was looking at selling! He will be stopping by the shop a week from Monday to talk some more! ::

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was the first thing out of mouth when he was telling me about the engine, "Do you still have the GTE?", unfortunately, it was a rust bucket and he parted it out a while back and this is all he has left. :(

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Would he (or you) be interested in selling any of these to other VMFers? I would love to get my hands on a solid running 68 427 for those kinds of prices. Please pm or e-mail me!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I'd break his wrist putting the cash in his hand. a standard block is bringing $1200-1500 easily. you have a gold mine being delivered to your door you lucky SOB!!!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
In a local classified here in SoCal there is one listed for $11,000.00 carb to pan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts