Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend called from CA to tell me about a '69 GT-500 that he ran across.
From what he says, the car is in very nice unrestored condition with no rust, but was probably repainted at some point.
It apparently runs and drives well, and he says that all the Shelby stuff is there.
Can I get some kind of ball-park price range on what it could be worth? Shelby prices are so crazy lately that I'm not sure where to begin?
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
For the next couple of months I would guess (there is allot of varibles here) $40-80K. Assuming its a sportroof

But then again I'm usually on the safe side that's why I don't give opinions of price for those customers I evaluate cars for. Just condition

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I'm with Jeff on this one, maybe less... :p

·
Registered
532 Posts
Take a look at the Hemmings ads, and the upcoming RS and BJ auctions should be interesting.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Can I get some kind of ball-park price range on what it could be worth? Shelby prices are so crazy lately that I'm not sure where to begin?
Thanks
Paul
Nice driver '69-'70 GT350 fastbacks have been selling in the $55-60K range the last 10-12 months. Nice '69-70 GT500's will always bring $15-20K more than the GT350. I would say a nice one should bring $75-80K. Of course show cars will bring a premium. Options and colors also make a difference. A candy apple red car with Drag Pack options, 4-speed and tilt away wheel will bring at least an additional $10K over a standard one. Color, options and condition dicatates where the car will fall in the price range.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
$75-90K, depending on color and condition.

That's assuming it's a decent driver with no glaring needs.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
How did you mount that sign to your fender? :rofl:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Paul if you get it, you can park it in my garage. I will let you visit it on weekends and during the Stowe car show.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback guys. It's an automatic sportroof with no other special equipment that I'm aware of.
My buddy is going to send pictures, and I have yet to hear what the owner wants for it.
My buddy knows cars, but he is not a Shelby guy. He says that it's a very nice, very clean unrestored car that was probably repainted.
If the guy is up in the seventies or more (US), it'll be too rich for my blood...
Chris, I appreciate your offer, but with all the great cars that you have already, where could you park the Shelby? :D
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts