Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to pick up a 67 Cougar Console with warning lights and the shifter for what seems to be a fair price.

What's the difference between a 67 Cougar console and a 67 Mustang console? Since I've decided to pull the bench out and install buckets in the Mustang, I have been keeping my eyes open for a console as well, but I'm not willing to pay close to $500 that I been seeing them go for.

Would the warning lights be same as mustangs and in the same place as they are on the Mustang consoles? what else would or might be different?

I can pick up this console for around $250 complete with warning lights & shifter, but may be able to barter some parts to knock it down to possibly nothing. But if it's not the same or simple enough to convert to being correct for the mustang, I may not bother and just use the 69 console I already have for free.

·
Gone but never forgotten
25,239 Posts
Hmmm, a '69 console, huh? We need to talk! *LOL*

I'm certainly no expert on '67/'68 Mustangs, and my memory is probably a little more than foggy from my days owning my '68 Cougar, but the consoles I see in '68 Mustangs look just like the one I remember in my Cougar.

If'n you're having problems locating a cheap console for a '67/'68, we may be able to work a deal. A friend of mine has a shop FULL of '67/'68 Mustang and Cougar parts (he actually has about 8 perfect doors just to give you an idea of the amount of parts he has. He's usually not in the market to sell his parts (I think he thinks he can take them with him when he goes *LOL*). I could probably convince him to let go of one of his consoles and trade it to you for the '69?

Are you going to be at HAN? If so, we could discuss it then (or sooner if you're looking to do something right away).

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Hey guys, If somebody comes up with an extra '67 4 spd console I'm looking for one for my Cougar. I am kind of in the same boat, I think it's rediculous to pay $500 for one. I have all kinds of '67 mustang parts to trade. Just keep me in mind?

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, anything is possible! I really wasn't wanting to use the 69 console, until my friend asked me to come over today and take some photos of his 70 Boss 429 for him. Once I saw the center console which looks like mine, but on steroids with all of the Guages & switches, I figured if I couldn't find a correct console for the 67, I would just do something like the Boss 429 console.

Unfortunately I won't be coming to the HANs this year, to much work going on right now. I am in no big hurry either as the 67 is one of those on going projects that keeps getting very little done, because other project cars keeps jumping in front of it every so often. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Let me know what your friend has. I am looking for a 67 console for a 4-spd manual tranny. Like I said, no hurry, and the 69 console isn't going anywhere, accept maybe in a 67 mustang /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree! I won't even consider paying that much for a console. I know where I can buy a whole 67 Mustang for $1k that has the console, and just part the rest out to make my money back, but imo, to much work just for a console.....Who knows, I just may have to go that route if it comes down to it.

·
Gone but never forgotten
25,239 Posts
As we start finalizing things for our show in August, I'm sure I'll be talking to my friend within the next week, and I'll see what he has in the way of consoles. I know he has a couple, but don't remember if they were Mustang, Cougar, or both, and don't remember the condition of them. He has 2 '68 Cougar dash pads in his shop that look like the day they rolled off the factory floor. The guy has soooo many '67/'68 parts it's incredible ... real bummer that out of my 4 Mustangs, none of them fit the bill for his plethera of parts.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Damm, I REALY need a dash pad. The console would be a nice thing to have but the car is presentable without it. My dash pad on the other hand looks like the Santa Cruise roller coaster. That's another item that is being reproduced for way too much money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts