Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
won't line up. I've purchased two clutches and onw flywheel from summitracing.com and the holes don't line up even when rotated to all three locations. They don't know and I don't know so please hope there is someone here that does. MY motor is a 302 from a '72 matched up with a T5 from a '93 cobra. I ordered a flywheel with 157 tooth 28 oz. and a 10 1/2" DF clutch. I figured that they were from the same maker so it would bolt right up. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Sounds like a 10" 289/302 flywheel and a 10.5 clutch. You probably need the 10" clutch for that flywheel.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I've got the 157 tooth Centerforce flywheel and Centerforce DF clutch in the Fastback. However, the flywheel is a 5.0 type (50 oz) that was rebalanced to 28 oz. The clutch is also a 5.0 type diaphram clutch with the three locating dowel pins and uses Ford metric clutch bolts. I imagine that you either have a flywheel drilled for the "Long" type, early clutch (no dowel pins) and a late 5.0 style clutch; or....a flywheel drilled for the later type clutch and a clutch intended for an early flywheel. The call to Centerforce may clear things up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts