Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i know that they are decals but i can't find anyone who carries ones that glossy. they only carry matte finish labels at places like staples and best buy. i know some people on here like the matte finish but i prefer the glossy. reason i am asking is because i want to put a set on my car, but i have the deluxe speedometer which is different from the standard speedo decal that is included in the set. so i scanned my speedo with high resolution and messed with the negative effect and the contrast and brightness to get a white faced speedo. i just need the decals now. thanks.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,252 Posts
Try this Avery
I found these particular sheets (#08765)at Wal Mart of all places. They worked quite well for my (ahem) 240mph speedo overlay. Just screwing around with an old speedo for laughs. Cruising at 60mph, the speedo reads 120mph. When I get around to it, all the guages will be replaced by Autometers and the speedo will read true again. And only up to 160mph.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Since you brought it up,I work for a print shop with sign making equip. I am in the process of making 65 decals printed on carbon fiber vinyl with either white or yellow lettering. If anyone is interested email me and I will post pics when I get done. IF it works out good I may go into making other years. The carbon fiber look is getting very popular. email [email protected]

·
Registered
506 Posts
Bue,

I got mine from this guy! The fit was great, they are glossy, kinda like a laser print and laminant to stickie back paper.

Best of all, the price is right, $20! ::

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Not sure about glossy but the matte ones I used are from Chartpak.
Nice thick 5 mil vinyl, waterproof and holds up well to heat.

I should have the templates for the 65-68 years (all versions) available to download for free on our site by later tonight.
Look under the Freebies section for them.
Just a little thank you to all who have helped support us while we grow our business.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
say, will you have 70 models?? not a biggie. Yes scanning worked so far. i may have a little challenge cause when i test printed it on regular paper, it shrunk the speedo some. i am using an older pic editing program (ArcSoft PhotoStudio 2000) so i doubt anyone knows how to fix it. Yeah, i bought a set from RPM Overlays but the set was half complete. Good thing i didn't have a tach setup cause the speedo wouldn't have worked, didn't receive a tach overlay, just the fuel and temp guages is what i received. My big problem was that there are two styles of speedos for 69-70. He/she only has the standard speedo overlays and i need the deluxe which are a little different. Emailed them till i was blue in the face and gave up so i decided i would make my own speedo. Say, are they laminated???? i thought the overlays would have been alot thicker if they were laminated, yet i can't see any paint marks when i look at them just right in the light. hmm. can anyone definitely say that they are laminated? one last question, will the lighting of the gauges be LESS if the finish is matte as opposed to the glossy finish? thanks for all the input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts