Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a replacement C4 for my fairlane now that it gave its C4 to my vert. A guy in town has a 289 with the original autolite 4 barrel and a C4 along with an 8 inch rear end. He claims it came from a 66 mustang that was wrecked 17 years ago with 58000 miles on it. He wants 500 for everything and won't part it out and won't negotiate down at all. The pan and timing chain cover is off so I can inspect the crank, rods, etc. I was thinking I might buy the lot and try to flip the engine at least, and that way I get my tranny and maybe rebuild the carb and use in my vert. Does the price sound reasonable, and do you think I could turn the engine block around and sell it, if so what is it worth if it is in as good of condition as he claims it is?

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Check the rear end tag, might be a limited slip. Original 1.08 carbs go for about $100 on THAT site, spacer for about $30, and 4 barrel intake for about $70. Soooo, you can get back a big chunk of the money right off the bat. If I was close, I might go for the deal.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I might be buying a complete engine with tranny. If so I will have a c-4 to sell or trade in the st louis area. I bought it along with my 68 vert project it looks to be in good shape let me know if you are interested. [email protected]

Jon Edwards

·
Registered
123 Posts
sounds like a pretty good deal to me but it also sounds like it will mostly need a lot of work still since its been sitting for a long time.

Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts