Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have an oppurtunity to buy a 429 motor from a mid 60's? 4 door lincoln that has one of the hoods that lift up from the back. are those motors worth anything? it is stock down to the carb tag and has been sitting for a while. sort of curious.
thanks
russ

·
Registered
566 Posts
the 429 didn't come out until like 1968.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Please use caution here.....it may be the Lincoln engine family that is NOT of the 385 Ford family and therefor will fit Nothing in Fords lineup. First 385 series engine in a Lincoln I have ever heard of was in a Mark 3 in 1968 and had a name plate on the radiator support that introduced the 460 and its high HP ouput. 460cid 4v, 365 hp, 500 lb/ft torque. John

Edit: Try this link: http://www.fordbarn.com/latev8forum/messages/1092.htm

It is a discussion on the 430cid engine that was common in the mid 60s lincolns. I just did a little research on the "NET" using DOGPILE.COM and all sorts of stuff popped up ;). John

·
Registered
35,869 Posts
Make sure it's not a 462. These were common IIRC in '65-67. I believe these are like the Merc blocks, with the block deck faced at an angle, and heads with small flat chambers.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
ford NEVER put a 429 in ANY lincoln. that being said they DID put 460's in all lincolns in 68 and 69 so unless the engine has been swapped into that lincoln then its not a 385 series "LIMA" its probably a 462 ME engine which has little performance value and almost NO parts available for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts