Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've run across this car for sale. It's a 66 fastback GT, A code, 4 speed, only noticable rust is in the rear pass quarter. Has rally pack and tach.The car has been setting in a basement since 1997 due to owner dying, wife is selling the car. The car doesn't have any water in it, don't know if block could have a crack due to possible freezing but the car was out of the weather. Car is in Ga. Interior is in fair condition. Car has not been started since 97 but was driven pretty often before that. What would be a reasonable price to pay for this car?

·
Registered
288 Posts
There are alot of questions still, making it hard to judge by condition. If driveable, needing only minor body, interior work, and being a factory 4sp GT fastback I would say at least $7500 - $10,000, maybe more. Being stored indoors in GA I doubt it has a cracked block from freezing. Sitting for 5-6 years it could have very well just had a slow leak in the radiator, dryrotted hoses, etc.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, that what I thought about the block but was weird it didn't have any water in it. Usually it will pop a freeze plug out before it gets the block anyway. I just bought a 70 Mach 1 a few months ago and don't know if I can swing getting this one. I know the lady has turned down $4000.00 but she wouldn't come out and tell a friend of mine her asking price. Don't know if she was offended by his offer or not.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I know the lady has turned down $4000.00 but she wouldn't come out and tell a friend of mine her asking price. Don't know if she was offended by his offer or not.
She could very well have been offended. If her husband was a Mustang fanatic like the rest of us, and she followed his hobby she likely knows exactly what it is worth. A wife may not know what is the correct paint for a differential pumpkin but I bet she knows every cent that got spent on that car instead of her. ::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts