Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me with some feedback.

I have a solid, almost complete but apart, '66 sixer coupe.

A friend may want to buy it, and I'd appreciate some price guidance.

All sheetmetal is there and solid. New floorpans welded in. Cowl solid. All glass out but included. Solid doors disassembled but included. Very nice clean 200 ci installed. Includes seats needing new covers, and headliner needing installation. Includes most all the misc parts.

Needs: Brake pedal
Master cylinder
Fuel lines
Tranny

This is "project lowbuck".

Very apart, but sound and almost complete for assembly.

What's it worth? Thanks! :: Dickson

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To quote the King "Don't be Cruel" !!!! :: ;)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
If it's that solid and running and all it really needs is paint and assembly, I'd guess anywhere from 1500 to 2500.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I'd say around 2-2.5k depending on condition. Excellent condition would go for around 3-4k (high end).

Slade

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
In the rust belt, they don't exist. We're lucky to find Mustangs at all! And yes I forgot to send a check for the seat risers!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Six cylinder coupe, needs a transmission, brake work, paint, interior work and reassembly. Sounds like quite a project. Honestly $1000 sounds like it would be high the end price. Here in California you would expect to find rust free or minimal rust cars and wouldn't get that much probably, elsewhere might hit that or a little bit more.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I dunno, if a car has straight low rust fenders, doors, and a hood, those parts alone are worth 1000 all together.

Throw in a shell with no major rust and it maybe a good start for a street car.

I bought a rather worn out I6 '65 Coupe which had a good body for 1500. The mechanicals were shot but I had plans on a modified later 200 six, 5 speed trans and V8 suspension parts. I already had all the parts to throw on except for the post '66 200 I6 block and the correct bellhousing to slap on the T-5 without resorting to an adapter plate.

Bottom line: You just need to find the right person...

Good luck!

Dean T

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought my 66 I6 coupe for 2000 and it had a new paint job, was almost running but complete no less, had no windsheild or rear window, and had no keys (lost by the PO). I'd imagine for all the time it needs to put it back togehter and parts to make it run...id only pay maybe 600-800. Cause well its only a six and you gotta paint it too...

Ryan

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know it does not look like much, but it's fairly solid now with new floors etc.

As said, this was not the right guy. All he did was point out all the bad points about it, ignoring all the good.

He said "I could maybe give you $400 for it" to which I said "Well thanks for stopping by. See ya later"

Guess I'll get it assembled and primed before I look to show it to anyone else....hehe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts