Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has the 289 auto, pony interior, runs great, has the fogs and dual exaust trumpets. Clean title. It needs full floors and rear frame rails, quarters, door skins, fenders, and valences. Bumpers also need to be replaced. It has a council and a crack free windshield.THANKS.....
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL62/770052/1890340/31848842.jpg

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
First of all – if the hubcaps, grill, and coral are correct, it's a '66 model.

As for its value – If it weren't a GT (and I assume it is a factory GT) I'd say $1500 or $2000. That structural rust is going to really hurt the value. But the GT option and deluxe interior raise the bar a bit...

I'm gonna be vague and say between $2000 and $4000.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Is that a vinyl roof? I didn't know they put them on the 65/66. Just curious...good find and let us know the outcome..and more pics please if you do purchase. good luck. ::

·
Registered
288 Posts
It would appear to be a 66 actually. Here, with that amount of rust, I would run the other way. But having lived on the east coast where rust is more common I would say around 1500-2000, only if it is a well optioned factory GT. Otherwise it would be a $500-750 parts car.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Widgit...Look what else I found. I have been trying to buy this car for the last 6 years. I was in the area and snapped a shot. Maybe hes ready to sell now. His shop was closed today. Its a 66 or 67 Fairlane GTA big block car. Its solid and the interior is near mint...just faded. Just a matter of time on this one. I know where there are lots of hidden cars, verts, Shelbys, ect ect ect...
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL62/770052/1890340/31857201.jpg

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Oh, mytang, we gotta hook up...verts, Shelby's, etc, OH MY! :D

All I'm looking for is a 66 fastback, kinda rough, maybe...maybe not. And maybe a 67 fastback. Ya, and a 67 fastback...oh, and a shelby. Not a big block.. a GT350 would be good...that's all I need. Oh ya, and a...... ;)

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
That Fairlane looks great!

There's one up here that a guy brought from Arkansas. It's a '67 GTA, white/black interior, 390/C6, power disc brakes, A/C, etc. Runs & drives and can be had for $7500. Just needs fresh paint & some TLC. Wish I had the cash :(.

If you have Kyle (Widgit) over to look at "buyable" projects, I wanna tag along ! ::
~jeff

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Widgit...theres a 67 fastback and a 66 fastback there in Des Moines that I have not had the chance to see yet. These are word of mouth cars so they should still be for sale. The 66 is in good shape and is a driver for $5000 if I remember right and have been told. Also in Des Moines is a 65 convert in the weeds, dont know who owns that one, and my buddy has 2 68 Shelby GT 500's he pulled out of barns that were only a few miles apart from each other. Both are lime green combos, and one of them was parked in 69!!! The only thing that was not original on the car was the upper hose clamp. The other has the dealer installed 427. I will be in Des Moines in Sept to do some more digging. May be we could hook up and maybe anyone else in the area.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here in Nebraska, my college room mates father in law has a all original 63 1/2 Galaxie sitting in a barn out in a pasture surronded by cattle.Had to jump a hotwire fence and dodge the cow pie mines to get to it. Its a 390 4spd car and is in excellent shape. Its been sitting for 30+ years and he will not sell it. I didnt have a digital camera for that one at the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts