Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking at a 72 mustang conv. w/302 2v, auto, ps power top,sheet metal all looks pretty good no bondo. interior needs a complete redo,engine and tranny seem ok,floors look like they have been patchedbut the frame rails all look pretty solid.it also has a mach 1 hood with the scoops on it witch was what i planned to put on anyway. so what is this car worth what should i offer for it. thanks for the input. randy

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Around the Omaha area, I would say $3000. Thats about the average price that I have seen from the Omaha want adds.

·
Registered
637 Posts
How is the paint? Is it fairly complete? These things alone will have a pretty big effect on price. Does it have headers or other goodies that make it more appealing? Nice rims? It's pretty tough to give a price without a fairly thorough discription or pictures.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the guys asking 3500.00 but i was thinking of offering 2500-3000. the car need some work the passenger door needs new hinges. its missing three of its side light. ive never dealt with the 71-73 mustangs before is there any in particular that i need to look for or avoid.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it has header and dual exhaust the paint is ok but not great. has nice chrome rims.the interior need new seat covers, carpet dash pad, door panels.just about everything in the interior needs replacing.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Check the inner fenders around the top of the shock towers. Also check the cowl area. Look at the floor pans and Torque boxes. If it looks reasonable it sounds like $3k here in Ohio.

·
4,128 Posts
I have no experience with the 71 to 73 models, I have however read some posts in here about the lack of repo parts for the last of the Vintage Mustangs. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/eek.gif So you might want to make a quick check on the availability of interior parts for the vert. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/tales/lsvader.gif fd

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Interior upholstery is available from TMI and other companies. Look under the car between the outer rocker rails and the floor for rust. Also, since it is a convertible look under the carpet for rust, these cars leak and water will stand on the floor pans. Check the top cylinders and make sure they are not leaking. Check the front of the doors at the bottom near the weather strip. These doors hold water in that area and rust is very common, especially in the midwest. These guys rust in just about the same places as the earlier models so check the normal areas. Definately look under the battery.
As far as aftermarket parts are concerned the only thing that isn't being reproduced is sheet metal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts