Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out that my neibor has a 1969 Mach 1 in his garage. He will be willing to sell it if I want to buy it. It was originaly a 351 with a 4 speed, but now has a 390. The body is neer mint, but does need paint. The engine and tranny are perfect. It does need a full interior restoration. I will try to get pictures and post the vin. He is asking arount $5000. This sounds pretty good to me. What do you think?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not too woried about originality. I would do a resto-mod anyway. But you are right it isn't the original motor so I know it's worth less.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
You mean you haven't bought it yet!? ::

That's a good price for a solid Mach unless the interior is really trashed. Does he still have the original 351? If so, that's even better.

69's and 70's cost a bit more to restore, but they aren't that much more so $5K sounds like a great price for what you've described. Just make sure it's a real Mach 1 by getting a basic report from Marti.

·
Registered
846 Posts
You bet it's more than fair! Most people pay better than 7G for a sportsroof. Let alone it being a Mach! ::

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Right out of high school ('79) I had a 69 Mach..but being a kid, ended up wrecking it..25 years later..kids are grown (almost) up..sure would like to get another. It has always been my favorite of all the mustangs Ive owned. I keep watching our favorite auction site, and never see any in even 1/2 way good condition for less than 8000.00. From your description, I would guess for under 10,000 (doing some of the work yourself) you could have yourself a real nice Mach there..My advice...JUMP ON IT!!

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts