Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
I am considering selling my 68 and looking for estimates on its value.
1968 J code GT fastback (with Marti report)
331 stroker, Dart heads, Edelbrock intake, Comp roller valve train
Tremec TKO 600, 3.50 nine inch rear w/TruTrac
Opentracker front suspension and steering
Bilstein shocks
Floor pans and torque boxes replaced
Paint condition is about an 8
Interior is new with aftermarket seats and dash, including all new instruments
Car is located in Connecticut

Attachments

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Pretty car. Just a wild *** guess, I would say mid-30's. Others with more knowledge of the market will chime in I'm sure as I have not been in the market for fastbacks...

Allen
Yup - Agreed. :pirate:

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
" Location makes a huge difference-

Mid to high 30's easily, in the right location I could see low 40's."

I agree with this 100% above....

Where you sell it and how your sell it will surely make a difference...

Some buyers will be turned off by the Non-Original Front Seats and White Faced "Pro-Comp" Gauges as they're not original....but it won't turn off too many...only real sticklers...and its something easily reversed.. DO you still have the Original Front Seats and Original Dash Cluster???

It certainly is the right color!!

Some will obviously want to remove the Original "GT" Stripe and change the Wheels though....to obviously make a "Bullitt" Clone wanabe... Which I can agree with...

I see you having no issues selling it...

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm at the mid $30's to low $40's, depending on how nice it was done and how long ago it was done.

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
If it was all factory type original that would be one thing. If it had A/C that would be another thing. So there are market value shortcomings either way despite the GT pedigree. Mid thirties max if no rust is in evidence. Nice car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I bought the car it did not have the original engine, trans, seats or dash cluster so I wasn't worried about keeping it all original.
There is no rust and I have about two thousand miles on it since the restoration, it runs and drives amazing so I will be sad to see it go.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
When I bought the car it did not have the original engine, trans, seats or dash cluster so I wasn't worried about keeping it all original.
There is no rust and I have about two thousand miles on it since the restoration, it runs and drives amazing so I will be sad to see it go.
Now that you have a few people's input and the numbers being fairly close, what were you thinking the number would/should be?

We hardly ever get the input from the seller where they are on the number...

Allen

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got over 40 into it but I know that I will never be able to make a profit on it, that's not why we restore them.
I am thinking to ask about 38 and settle for mid to low 30s.
Now I have to figure out the best way to advertise it, I'm a little nervous about using Craigslist, with the scams. .
Maybe Hemmings is better?

BTW , thanks for all the input

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
Try the "Bring a Trailer" website......Great website....High traffic of visitors...but low volume of cars offered.....Perfect place... They'll go nuts over it over there..

Tony K.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Most cars I see posted on Bring A Trailer draw an outrageous amount of scrutiny. They are going to nitpick every little thing and demand a billion different photos just to make snarky comments.

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
He's got a clean '68 GT Fastback... I don't see them nitpicking it too much... as its a very desirable car... despite its minor shortcomings...which are few..

Tony K.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi V1rotate, been a long time lurker here and your car caught my eye. I've been debating on finishing my car or selling and buying a finished one. Anyways I'm interested in finding out more about your car. You can respond back here or email me at; [email protected] Please give me a heads up here if you e-mail me. As I don't use that e-mail often.

·
Super Moderator
8,840 Posts
Nice car.

To me the seats would be a deal killer though. I’m not a fan of aftermarket seats.

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
Seats are seats... Easily attainable...easily swapable... even today...there were so many cars of these made...including '68-'69's which is what this car's seats takes...

Tony K.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi V1rotate, been a long time lurker here and your car caught my eye. I've been debating on finishing my car or selling and buying a finished one. Anyways I'm interested in finding out more about your car. You can respond back here or email me at; [email protected] Please give me a heads up here if you e-mail me. As I don't use that e-mail often.
I sent you an e-mail
Thanks
Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts