Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Robbie and Geegee, I took their advice and have a front end under the car now./forums/images/icons/smile.gif But its not quite a rolling chassis just yet. In a nutshell, project plans call for getting the steering system working. I have the tie rod system assembled to install on the car next week. Need an idler arm and will rebuild the steering box.

Once that is done, the rear end will get attention next. New leaf springs, freshen up the rear end with a good clean up, replace the axle bearings, check the lash in the gears, and re-install the "pumpkin". While the rearend is out, I'll finish undercoating the underneath. Rear brake rebuild and new lines will round out the rear.

Then get the brake system completed with a Maverick dual M/C, route the front brake lines, fill and bleed. Then the rolling chassis will stop and steer. That is important you know. And of course, all this takes money, so I'll work the second job stacking hay and combining beans, and hopefully sell my John Deere tractor. That would generate an influx of $$$ to get beyond this stage and get the glass back in and the door stuff rebuilt.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
You know one of these days you'll look back and say "that wasn't so bad" it all takes time ,,Make money to buy parts for the car then you have no time to work on it ,,have time to work on it and then there is no money,,It's a visicious circle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts