Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 67 Mustangs on EBay, both are S Code coupes, but there's a $2k difference in prices already... Why?

This one's $4550

and this one's $6200

But otherwise I don't see a lot of dfference. What am I missing?

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
There are a lot of factors that govern people's willingness to bid on a car on ebay.

One LARGE factor is location...quite simply there may be more people in and around the TN area looking for a 67 s code coupe at this time.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
66gt4spd said:
The Blue one looks to be in better condition and it's cheaper too!

Dave
That's whats got me scratching my head........

·
Registered
787 Posts
Well like the prior poster said! Maybe someone lives closer to the Red one and won't have to pay around $1200 to have it shipped. therefore they can afford to bid a little more for a little shabbier car(in my opinion)

Dave

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The Red car is a true GT. Th red car did have a tranny change though.

Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason why one does better than others.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I also just noticed that the red one is a GT car and it don't look like the blue one is. That would make a HUGE difference in bidding.

Dave

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Other than the listing details, how can one be identified as a GT and the other not?

Both Vin's appear similar

Blue - 7R01S door tag 65A W 17L 71
Red - 7T01S door tag 65A T 2D 088

Is it something in the buck tag? using a vin decoder, shows the "S" as being "390 4v V8 GT"

Is the blue one mis-labeled?

G

·
I think the blue one is better too.

And what's with the two red needles on the Red's tach?

The faded (orange) one is no doubt the needle....I'm guessing that the other is some type of redline on the gauge. But the problem is a 6k tach on a 390 doesn't have a redeline.

At least they arre both honest enough to show all pics even with rust. :thumbup:

·
Registered
787 Posts
I don't know for sure that it is a GT car. I just saw the GT lettering on the bottom of the fender and read GT in the headline of the add. The car looks to be original paint and I figured the GT letters were original also. Without knowing more about the car and whether it has all the GT equipment(you can't be sure!)

Dave

·
Registered
787 Posts
I would e-mail each of them and ask them questions about their cars. The red one has no GT fog lights and I can't see whether there is a fog light switch on the dash. it does not say whether it has Disc Brakes up front either. The fog lights could have been removed/stolen/or used on another car. It's anyone's guess as to whether either car is a GT originally.

Dave

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
66gt4spd said:
I don't know for sure that it is a GT car. I just saw the GT lettering on the bottom of the fender and read GT in the headline of the add. The car looks to be original paint and I figured the GT letters were original also. Without knowing more about the car and whether it has all the GT equipment(you can't be sure!)

Dave
Take a look at the Buck Tag, PIO. That signifies a GT. I circled it in yellow.

Here is copy of my Buck Tag which is a GTA. Note the PIO in lower left hand corner.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
RedGTvert said:
Take a look at the Buck Tag, PIO. That signifies a GT. I circled it in yellow.

Here is copy of my Buck Tag which is a GTA. Note the PIO in lower left hand corner.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a "buck tag" and where is it located? It appears similar to my door data plate.
Thanks,
Dennis

·
Premium Member
19,235 Posts
For 1965, they appear only on Metuchen cars, as well as 1966. They are located on the driver's side fender apron, behind the shock tower.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Damn dave why are you even looking. You already have a nice car. Once I am finished with mine and have some extra cash I am looking for a 69 or 70

1 - 20 of 20 Posts