Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

A couple of weekends ago, I was heading past the local cruise in located in a parking lot right off the highway (I was itching to stop in, but I had the family in the car heading out to eat). I was about a hundred yards back and I could make out the silouette of a mustang leaving the lot. Ooooh a fastback, but wait, those look like Shelby style tail lights. I was itching to catch up, but this section of feeder road is the ultimate speed trap guarded by suburb cops trying to make a buck for their local community, so I tried to ease up on it with no luck. I was about to hit the turnaround so I could U-turn and head the other way on the freeway, when the Mustang turned as well. Alright! A second chance!

We both got on the freeway, and now's my chance. I calmly eased up on the shiny '68. There was a snake on the back panel, and "Shelby" across the trunk lid spoiler. Wohooo! I kept drooling and the next thing I knew, I was neck and neck with the beast! I made eye contact with the driver, and gave him a thumbs up and a wave! He smiled, nodded, waved, and we cruised on!

That little run in got me thinking; whats the coolest, most complimenting gesture you can make to a driver to compliment their vehicle?

Is there an official Mustang hand signal? Heck, if Spock and his people had one, why can't Mustangers of Earth have one?

Anyone?

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
I dunno, but I've even had guys in Corvettes give me a thumbs up while I was driving my Shelby.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
reminds me of a little "occurrence" a few years back when I was on my way back from the Knotts show while driving my Boss. My wife was behind me in her 97 Formula Firebird, perhaps a little too close, egging me to go faster. At any rate, a CHiP on a motorcycle pulled up next to her in the opposite lane and motioned with his right hand to BACK OFF. As she increased the distance between herself and my Boss, the CHiP pulled up alongside of me and WITHOUT even looking at me, gave me the THUMBS UP with the same hand and then roared off.....

randy ::

·
Registered
446 Posts
A guy in an old (i don't know what year) Vette Stingray told me i had a nice car when i was in the parking lot. That was a great compliment.

Whenever I want to acknowledge a car I just do the thumbs up. They usually do the same.

The signal i get most is the "spin em" signal. Once some guy gave me that signal in traffic, with a beautiful chevelle right in front of me haha. That made all the people in my car laugh.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

so THAT'S what that means. and here all this time I thought it meant "I'll call you!!" :: :: :: ::

randy :p

·
Premium Member
19,198 Posts
A while back, a native Hawaiian told me that the "hang loose" sign was a signal that you're a Howlie, or non-native Hawaiian. I've no idea if that was right or not....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts