Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try to explain this, don't know how well I can do it though. *g* Ok. There are 2 layers you have to take off on a '69 before you get to the cowl panel (with the hats). The first layer is the panel with the vents. The next one is the panel that holds the motor for the windshield wipers, and has the wiper assembly under it. This is the panel I'm talking about. What's it called, and does anyone make these? TIA.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
What you are looking at is not removable is it? I have an assembly manual here and it only shows the cowel cover with the grills. The lower sction is part of the body assembly , looks to be part of the firewall actually. If this is removable let me know.I have a donor car in the scrap yard that has that section but I am not going to spend all day trying to cut it out. If it is removable, bolted in I should be able to get it. Other than that I have not seen this section in any cats I have.
Don

·
Registered
199 Posts
patch it and paint it like everyone else does.
then say it's factory original.
you'll know it's not.
but

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
That shield is a part of the motor assembly. I believe I have two of those assemblies in my parts stash. I can check tonight if you are interested in one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts