Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find the correct horn ring adapter or whatever I need to get this lined up. Do some of you know whats going on here. This ia a 64 1/2 car if that helps.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The steering wheels are different between a generator car (most '64 1/2s) and an alternator car (all '65s). Neither the horn ring or the steering wheels interchange between the two. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this is a 64 1/2 car with the correct wheel. I notice that NPD has a horn ring that is for the generator car and it says correct indexing. I bet what I have is a 65 horn ring on a 64 1/2 wheel. Hate to spend a $100 to find out but I guess thats what I'll have to try to find out.

·
Registered
35,839 Posts
Yes, this is a 64 1/2 car with the correct wheel. I notice that NPD has a horn ring that is for the generator car and it says correct indexing. I bet what I have is a 65 horn ring on a 64 1/2 wheel. Hate to spend a $100 to find out but I guess thats what I'll have to try to find out.
Just show us the back of the wheel and the back of the ring.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you say the back of the wheel do you mean remove the steering wheel or are you referring to the hub of the wheel that the ring fastens to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts