Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surfin' through the Trader-on-line ads checkin out the '67 and '68 Mustang fastbacks, and then I went over and did the same on E-bay. Am I confused, or are both these ads for the same car? The only difference I can see is the background and the front plate on the ebay car... do you suppose the front plate added to the value of the car so much that the owner's price went from $17,500 up to a "reserve not met" price of $21,800?? At first, I thought it was a different car, but then I looked at things like the sticker in the corner of the windshield, and the tach in the middle of the dash...

Trader Online ad

Ebay ad

This is why ebay scares me, the listing in one part says original "C" code, then one paragraph later says "T" code. The phone numbers don't match up either...

I probably wouldn't have noticed it if the reserve was met, but when I saw the black stripes on the hood going onto the scoop, I knew I had seen that car before for cheaper!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
My guess is that if you call the Trader On Line number, you'll find the car is sold. The guy on E-bay bought it and is trying to flip it for a $10,000+ profit. It's a pretty car, but some real interesting stuff on there, like the '69 hood scoop, the '69 seats, and the yellow top coil with points for a "built 289".

It was probably a steal at the "Trader" price. Now, well, not so much *LOL*.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
This is why ebay scares me, the listing in one part says original "C" code, then one paragraph later says "T" code.
The car's engine code is "C" while the paint code is "T." I think the seller is trying to make a point that the car is an original candy apple red car not just a resale red.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've seen scams like this too. Someone down loads the photos from e-bay and lists it on auto trader as one of those "I'm out of the country" we will use a third part escrow company or some such crap.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I agree with Johnpro that someone else bought the car and is now trying to sell it for a fast profit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts