Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about 5:05 and I have just left work for the day.
I'm sitting at a red light in my nice hot F150 with the A/C full blast, waiting for it to get a little cooler.
I look down to see my truck telling me it is 101 degrees outside!
A white van crosses the intersection in front of me.
The windows are down and the rather large man driving is sweating profusely.
The side of the van reads Xxxx's Air Conditioning Repair Service........

Not going to be calling him any time soon ::

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Wait a minute..It's like the barefoot cobbler. Money and supporting your fam before your own convenience. The guy might be a go-getter; I know because in my own business I always come last when it comes to my own forte'; ask my SWMBO..NO,DONT'T!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I would call them in the winter to fix the air. This way you would have heat. But then again he might have the idea down on how to fix the problem and just make it colder. Second thougth, call someone else. :eek:

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm with you on this one, I like many professonal trades people are so tired of doing for others we don't feel like doing for our selves !

·
Registered
286 Posts
Like Steve said.... "the shoemakers kids go bearfoot". I have been wanting to paint my mustang for the last 2 years. I only have 8 more customer jobs in front of it, then I might get my chance.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I venture to say if the guy has it on his van, then he's a home and commerical HVAC tech. Automobile tech's reqire a different licence than home techs. Also the two different freons are not interchangable.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I once saw a hand-painted message on a truck door... Different sized upper and lower case letters running down hill: "Truk Lettering A Speculty" ...I'm serious!

·
Registered
981 Posts
when you service airconditionors all day, you don't get to work in the airconditioning.why use it going from job to job? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts