Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've really got an itch for a '67 shelby clone convertible. Would like to have a black one with black deluxe interior. Put on some silver or gold LeMans stripes, A/C, AOD, Power everything, and a nice EFI small block with big block pipes and sound. That would be a very nice car - one I have yet to see anywhere. I would drive it as my daily driver in the summer time.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
something that has been in the planning/parts gathering stage for several years - a "clone" of Parnelli Joines #15 Boss 302 Trans Am car as campaigned in 1970. It wont be an EXACT double as most of the exotic parts used in the racecar drivetrains are nearly impossible to find anymore and if you do, costs tons of money. Im starting with a TOTALLY rustfree, collision free 70 F-code fastback body stripped to the shell and go from there....

randy

·
Supporting Vendor
3,961 Posts
I just bought a '65 Falcon Ranchero. I plan on making it into
a FAST track car. It's only 2,400lbs now. It will have a
radiator in the back with 2 fans ( much like the off road race
trucks ), a fuel cell and the batt. Glass hood, fenders and
doors. Plexiglass back window and stripped interior. It'll run
a stroked small block, toploader, and a light weight 8" rear
end with a Watts link. I hope to have the front to rear weight
balance 50/50 when done. It should be quite a ride.
The body is rust free and I can't wait to start on it.

·
Administrator
19,506 Posts
1968 convertible, EFI engine, lots of options, built to compete as an occasional driver or modified. Keep it looking concours on the outside, but modified on the inside. Not sure what color--either Highland Green or possibly white. Don't want red, unless that's the original color. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine would be (and will be in the near future) a 65/66 coupe, with the full shelby treatment... It will have a 65 shelby interior with phantom gauges in the center pod, otherwise stock, right down to the radio... Exterior-wise it will be white with gold lemans stripes, GT350H side striping, and Torque thust D wheels with Comp T/A tires. Will have shelby hoodscoop, sidescoops, and an R front apron... Have yet to see a coupe done like this, especially in the white/gold... Would be interested if anyone has any pics of something similar...

·
Registered
792 Posts
Well I have the body with all of the sheetmetal work done. It is a 70 Sportsroof. I want a 393W with fuel injection, TKO tranny, all Griggs or TCP suspension. Caddy pearl white, Simmons 17x9 wheels, Baer brakes, JME guages, roll bar, Corbeau seats. Now if I could only talk SWMBO into turning over the cash to do such a project. Can you tell I have been planning this one for a while?

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
My next dream resto-mod project is the '69 sportsroof I have sitting in my garage. My dream could become a reality if I just had about 3 more days in each weekend, and about 3 more paychecks a month :(

Plans for it include a radical 351w, power windows, door locks, and keyless entry. I've already upgraded the front suspension and cooling system and it's fitted with '93 GT seats with adjustable thigh bolsters and electric lombard supports. A roof console with map lights would be cool ::

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
After we are done with Elvis, my Panel and Ty's 53 GMC Radical Custom, I WANT:

either a 50 shoebox ford, or a Merc lead sled. if a 64 Buick wildcat comes along 1st then I'd get that.... I don't think my husband will let me get that 55 ford Fire engine.....

·
Registered
981 Posts
I'm still working on my dream ride.I guess you can never really finish.maybe the next one will be a boss mustang or a vert.maybe even a mopar. :: ::

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I'd really like to get my hands on a 67 fastback and restomod it. I am talking about mostly engine mods. A real hot supercharged or nitrous 390 would be my choice. Maybe 351 if I could find a good one. NOT looking to build an elanor clone. I just like the 67 fastback. :)

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
I'm waiting for the phone to ring about either the 67' GT 500 I saw sitting in a garage last year, the other car is a 69 Boss 302 sitting out in a back yard I saw 4 weeks ago.
My dream steeds: A 67 Lil'Red clone, one you can't tell from a real Shelby. 428, auto, air, 10 spokes.
A 60's drag race style 427 big block 65 Mustang fastback. Bubble hood and all. Standing tall, not lowered, torque thrust wheels.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
That would be the one I just bought to restomod. 66 vert will be dark blue (or red) w/302 Ford Racing crate motor, GT aluminum heads + AOD, Total Control Pwr Rack and Pinion, 4 wheel pwr disc brakes, great tunes, 3 pt belts, JME guages, March serpentine belts, wheels? (have not decided). All this in time for the August 2004 Woodward Dream cruise.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
A couple of us brainstormed this at a watering hole recently...

How about a 67/68 COUGAR, painted silver, and looking very stock externally, except for the 17x8 Mach I Magnums. Swap the entire driveline from an 03 Cobra - Supercharged 4.6 DOHC, 6 speed, and IRS. Black leather interior with all the amenities... ::

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Something with a roof... thinking 66 coupe with a bit of a rake to it, etc. its just so hard to get that "bad ass" look from an early convertable... they are all so foofoo looking. popular with the ladies, and a very nice car, but definatly not king of the drag strip. Got to get something with that chest thumping camed up bigblock sound to it. on seccond thought, maby a kit colbra would work better...

ahh, better finish the project i have now first ;-)

- Jason

1 - 20 of 27 Posts