·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size engine,carb.
will dual exhast give it lower mileage?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hello. In the summer of '99 I conducted several gas mileage tests on my '66 2+2. Highway tests. Will not bore you with technical info. It got 33 mpg. 6 cylinder with C-4 automatic.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6 miles a gallon when I drive like a madman, and 12 when I drive normal. A normal driver would get about 16 mpg with my setup. I live by alot of empty space and I abuse it. I run a 351c and a 2 barrel. Nothing crazy about it except for it's driver

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just got back from beach run. The 460, with about 450 horsepower, adveraged about 11 miles to the gallon. That was a lot of idleing along the beachfront, and lots of stop and go traffic....
Also, I have a 3.00 rear end. (That will be changed, soon)
I didn't take the 302 out and install the 460 for gas mileage....
Still, I think it is doing good.

·
Registered
391 Posts
My car gets about twenty miles per gallon; ten in the city and ten on the highway. 351W, .512 lift roller cam, 2.02" intake and 1.60 exhaust valves, aluminum heads, performer intake, 600 cfm carb, JBA headers, 2 1/2 inch dynomax, toploader, 3.25 gears, etc.

Single exhaust, hmmm; I think it could blow a single exhaust system about 100 yards.

My Grand Marquis gets about 22 highway and 18 in town, 300ZX burns about two rice bowels per mile, GEM electric goes about 40 miles on one charge (must be about fifty light bulbs per hour).

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Who cares? I don't worry about the gas mileage as much as "smiles per mile". With that said I'm probably at about 7.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
429 4V 750 speed demon carb.
10.5 Highway. 6 city if I'm lucky

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think how of how in the 60's the more gas your motor consumed the better. 4 miles a gallon was something you tried to achieve. At least that's what my uncle told me. He said his friends and him would always brag about their high fuel consumption. Sounds silly to me but they were different times. But If he did remembered those times he wasn't really there, right ? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
On a 300 mile trip doing the speed limit at times and sometimes over, 60-70 MPH, I averaged 20 miles to the gallon. I have a 69 Grande with the 351 4V , 4300 Autolite carb, FMX, 3:00RE.
On the 02 GT I am getting 29 miles to the gallon which I am happy with as that was mostly over the limit.
Don

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
17 town and 22 highway with the 5.0 and aod.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Buddies 69 mach with 428 gets 3.5 mpg. I don't know what mine gets since I haven't put it together yet.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Buddies 69 mach with 428 gets 3.5 mpg. I don't know what mine gets since I haven't put it together yet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts