Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the largest tire and wheel combo you guys are running on a 65/66 with stock fenders and wells. I really like the Torque Thrusts which are on my 69, but have heard they are not a good match for a 65. I need a 15" wheel to get over the Stainless Steel brakes. I have heard a 215/60/15 is the biggest combo??? I am trying to get a combo in the next couple of weeks. Thanks in advance...CJ

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
On the 15x7 3.75 TTD wheels 215 60 15 fit in the wheels.
On our 65 coupe we had to roll the front fender lips to stop them from hitting, but there was no issue in the rear.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
choosing the correct back spacing has alot do do with what kind of tire you can run on the car...right now i have 225/50 in the rear and i have gone as big as 215/50 in front, and my front end sits LOW LOW, as in the tire is inside the wheel well...but sometimes if i went into a drive way with the wheel turned the fronts would scrub a little, thats why i stepped down to a 205/50 and it never rubs.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run 16x8 inch tt2 and the tires are 205-55-16. Like the previous post if my wheels are turned a little and i hit a large bump it will rub slightly on the front fender. Not a big deal I just go a little slower and i am fine.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Check with JohnPro here. He just got a great looking setup with 15x8 at all 4 corners and he is running 275/50/15s in the rear. Here the kicker, I forget whether this is on his 69 or his 66.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts