Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK What do you guys think would look better on my 65 FB? (16X7 front and 16X8 rears)
This a ROTA RB:
http://www.rotawheels.com/images/products/rb_gm.jpg
These, of course, are American TT classic:
http://americanracing.com/dealerline/blackimages/blackbig/bCL205.jpg
Stan
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Justin
Are both pics showing up for you. (I can see both of them.)
Stan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
A classic Mustang needs no bigger than 15" wheels and the front and rear being the same. The 15" Mag 500's and the original styled steel wheels are the classiest looking wheels you can buy for these Classic Mustangs. You kids with your 17 and 18" wheels are making a mockery of the classic Mustang. These cars were not designed to accept them. You are making a freak out of an icon when you do that. That's my opinion, and I am sticking to it. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,838 Posts
Gingerstang said:
A classic Mustang needs no bigger than 15" wheels and the front and rear being the same. The 15" Mag 500's and the original styled steel wheels are the classiest looking wheels you can buy for these Classic Mustangs. You kids with your 17 and 18" wheels are making a mockery of the classic Mustang. These cars were not designed to accept them. You are making a freak out of an icon when you do that. That's my opinion, and I am sticking to it. ;)
Do these wheels look like they are making a mockery of this car? Does it look like this car was not designed to accept them? Is this car a "freak". Don't worry, the old goats from the 20's said the same thing back when they wanted to replace wooden spoke wheels with of all things METAL wheels!

 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A classic Mustang needs no bigger than 15" wheels and the front and rear being the same. The 15" Mag 500's and the original styled steel wheels are the classiest looking wheels you can buy for these Classic Mustangs. You kids with your 17 and 18" wheels are making a mockery of the classic Mustang. These cars were not designed to accept them. You are making a freak out of an icon when you do that.
I said they were 16" not 17 or 18. Get up on the wrong side of the bed?? :p
Stan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
dustyrelics said:
Gingerstang said:
A classic Mustang needs no bigger than 15" wheels and the front and rear being the same. The 15" Mag 500's and the original styled steel wheels are the classiest looking wheels you can buy for these Classic Mustangs. You kids with your 17 and 18" wheels are making a mockery of the classic Mustang. These cars were not designed to accept them. You are making a freak out of an icon when you do that. That's my opinion, and I am sticking to it. ;)
Do these wheels look like they are making a mockery of this car? Does it look like this car was not designed to accept them? Is this car a "freak". Don't worry, the old goats from the 20's said the same thing back when they wanted to replace wooden spoke wheels with of all things METAL wheels!

Yes they do. They were not designed for the car and they look like they were designed for a teenager who doesn't know what a classic Mustang should look like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,570 Posts
aslan said:
OK What do you guys think would look better on my 65 FB? (16X7 front and 16X8 rears)
This a ROTA RB:
http://www.rotawheels.com/images/products/rb_gm.jpg
These, of course, are American TT classic:
http://americanracing.com/dealerline/blackimages/blackbig/bCL205.jpg
Stan
Classic blah blah!

Both the wheels would look good on the car.
Remember it is your car.
Now if you go slappin some 22's and spinners on the car....standby for some flamin!
 

·
White Elephant Guy
Joined
·
12,969 Posts
This one of the best pics I could find online of a ROTA RB, it's a 4-lug, but you get the idea:

http://www.jantes-tuning.fr/images/rb_gm.jpg


I always thought the Mini-Lite style looked best on a '69-'70, but they look great on most Mustang body styles. What are your plans for the rest of the car?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for finding the pic. I saw a 5 lug version at SEMA. The car is going to be crystal red metallic with no insignias or trim.
Stan
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,220 Posts
Gingerstang said:
A classic Mustang needs no bigger than 15" wheels and the front and rear being the same. The 15" Mag 500's and the original styled steel wheels are the classiest looking wheels you can buy for these Classic Mustangs. You kids with your 17 and 18" wheels are making a mockery of the classic Mustang. These cars were not designed to accept them. You are making a freak out of an icon when you do that. That's my opinion, and I am sticking to it. ;)
It's my opinion too. But I'll certainly admit that bigger diameter wheels work better, They just don't look right, proportionally, on a 65-66 Mustang. '67 and later years can handle the "new look" better.

Z. Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,838 Posts
Gingerstang said:
dustyrelics said:
Gingerstang said:
A classic Mustang needs no bigger than 15" wheels and the front and rear being the same. The 15" Mag 500's and the original styled steel wheels are the classiest looking wheels you can buy for these Classic Mustangs. You kids with your 17 and 18" wheels are making a mockery of the classic Mustang. These cars were not designed to accept them. You are making a freak out of an icon when you do that. That's my opinion, and I am sticking to it. ;)
Do these wheels look like they are making a mockery of this car? Does it look like this car was not designed to accept them? Is this car a "freak". Don't worry, the old goats from the 20's said the same thing back when they wanted to replace wooden spoke wheels with of all things METAL wheels!

Yes they do. They were not designed for the car and they look like they were designed for a teenager who doesn't know what a classic Mustang should look like.
That's funny, because they were designed and sold by Carrol Shelby and have his name cast into the side of them. The size was made for the 67/68 Mustang. Humm, I guess Shelby don't know nothin' about no shelbys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,775 Posts
No on Rotas. I can't stand mini lite look. Yes on TT.

Just my opinion
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top