Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met a guy at the drags last night. (Don't ask I did poorly) Anyway, HE has brand new weld pro-stars on his car and the rear wheels stick out a bit too far. He offered them to me for $100 each. Well needless to say that's a major savings. I would really like to do this. My concern is the rear wheels.

His car is a 91 Fox vert. But it is all 5lug on 4.5in pattern so I'm fine there. He offered to let me try them but my car is dismantled right now. His rears are 15X10's with 5.5in backspacing. Will these fit under my '69 Sportsroof? It's a correct width 9in under my car. I really want to buy these so any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
I think you'll run into problems with the tires rubbing on the wheel lip. I'm running 17 x 9.5 with a 6" backspace and have no issues. Your going 1/2" wider with 1/2" less backspace, total difference of an inch outwards. What size/height tire will you be running?

Did you happen to look at Jays wheel and tire chart?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didn't see the chart, could you post a link? As far as Tire Size I'm still unsure. The whole reason he is selling is because he hangs out a bit too and hit the wheel lip. What if I rolled my inner lips. My car is far from stock so I'm not worried about hurting it that way.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well maybe if I roll the fender lip on the rear. The chart shows 15X9 with 5.5 so the rolled lip might do it. He lives a ways from me, about 60miles or so. I can't move my car so that's out and for the price I really hate to bug him. I guess I'll need to see if I can work a deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts