Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually only suscribe to the Mustang Mag's, but I recently picked up a copy of Street Rodder and you know, the vendors have a lot of neat items that can work well for the Vintage mustang owner too. Tonight I found the hide away antenna I was looking for so I can have fm radio and never have to drill another antenna hole again in a fender. Also they had an ad for a neat looking product called Wheel plates from: Air Ride Technologies, www.ridetech.com. Not sureit would clear my Granada calipers, but they have a black steel or polished stainless plate that mounts behind the wheel to stop brake dust and junk from getting all over your wheels and it hides the suspension and brakes if ou have rusty old rear drums or something. Looked like a neat idea....though I have also been told that a good coat of wax on your rims helps keep brake dust from getting stuck on them. Wish I had done that to my Torque Thrust D wheels...they seem to always be getting black in the front and I have scrubbed them with every kind of cleaner, brush, etc and I still can;t get them totally clean, that dust is embedded in the wheels or something...I guess ill have to get a mini buffer or something, but I don't want to screw up the satin finish on the wheels. Anyway..just seemed like some neat items in the Rod mag's that can be usefull sometimes in the Mustang hobby.

Kory

Mustang Parts makes a great addiction.

·
Registered
391 Posts
They also have plastic protectors. These items have been around for years (if I understand correctly). The downside can be reduced airflow and cooling for your brakes.

Russ

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1595962&a=12199293&p=44358030&Sequence=0&res=high.JPG

G

·
0 Posts
i love street rodder, they give me tons of ideas, between me and my dad we get about a dozen car mags, and they give me tons of ideas for my FB, too bad i cant afford most of em (yet ) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[color:blue]Todd (the guy with the 8.8)
restomod junkie, 19 y/o with too many ideas and not enough money to finish any of them..
ObsidianSpider on AOL IM
http://home.att.net/~obsidianspider/5lugwormviewsmall.jpg</font color=blue>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts