Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some one on this site has some dollies, for the lack of a better word, that has 4 wheels that the cars tires sit on. It looks like you would be able to push the car around with the motor out and clean under and even work on the car. Can some one help me find out where I can get these?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
my XMAS present this yr from my sons. Harbor Freight has them for $139 (PN 38959-4NVH available catalogue and internet only) for set of 4. mine work really well and in my 2-car plus garage makes it convenient to move car around. this winter i detailed underneath and installed all new stuff and it was really nice. have crack in concrete at half of floor and they rolled over it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought mine at the local Harbor Freight. They were on sale for about $80.00 for 4. They work great and were well worth the money to me.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys, Have any of you used them with the motor still in place?

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have the same ones from harbor freight. They work great even on the behemoth Torino in the pic. I have two sets, one under my 69 Mach (no motor easy to move), and one under swmbo's 69 coupe (complete car, still easy to move).

·
Registered
120 Posts
I currently have the 390 out of the Mach. I was using the dollies before I pulled the engine/tranny with no problems. More muscle was needed of course but I could turn the car a full 360 in my garage by myself.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If you want really fancy (expensive ) one go to Griot's Garage. With these you don't even jack the car up! The jack is built into the dolly. They are slick. You have to be careful with them because they roll so easily.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I made mine with 2 2x4s and some steel plate, with 4 good quality 4" castors. This is just for the front end to move it around the garage. Can't say exactly how it works yet as 2 wheels are on back order till later next week. I think it will work okay (the engine and trans are in) and the car sits lots higher too so i can fit under it.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I bought a set of 4 at my local Big Lots, paid $75 for 4. I liked them so much I bought another set at Homier's (sp), the traveling tool guy. I think they were 29.95 for 2. These things are great, it's always a pain jockeying my cars around when I store them for the winter, now I just put the car on them and push it where I wan't.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Do your's have steel or rubber tired wheels? I've been told the steel wheeled are a bear to move around. True or false?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The set I have use the steel wheel casters. I have had no problems moving them around. I have never used the rubber casters, so I can't really say if one is better than the other.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts