Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Long lead times for many things coming from the Pacific Rim and constrained quantities for what makes it over. Even Apple has been hit with it on the new phones. I’ve been trying to get a few pieces of pro level streaming equipment for a couple of months. It’s gear that’s usually widely available bit isn’t expected for another month or so.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I just had a weird experience for me. Got scammed for an item with a shill company. Jumped on paypal as soon as I suspected it and filed claim. They contacted seller, who sent a tracking number to them. Item was delivered, seller showed delivered tracking to Paypal, and Paypal closed the claim, package delivered. It's a little difficult to open a closed dispute but I was able to when I showed, yes package delivered, but not to my address and not to my name., also package weight showed 1.9 lbs when my package should have been 30 plus lbs. First claim I ever filed in maybe 15 years with paypal and yes, in the end all worked out.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I really believe it is the responsibly of the seller to be straight up with the buyer. With that stated, we do tell folks we do not have it at this time. We will not take your money, we will take your number, call you when it is available.
I realize the bigger stores cannot operate as a Mom, and Pop business's do.
It would be very hard for the bigger companies to have the phone answer people know what is in stock, being sent, can't be sent, time factors etc.
I guess this is where the progression "up the ladder" is effective for finding solutions?
Now, the supply from overseas is running into various stages of difficult for all vendors.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Debit cards are backed by credit card companies, and have all the same protections... EXCEPT... For the hours or days that may be involved in discovering and reporting your fraud, the thief indeed has taken your money out of your account, potentially overdrawing it, potentially causing automated payments like your mortgage to "bounce", etc.etc...

And for those reasons, I've never understood the reasoning for using debit cards, other than to force yourself to not accrue debt. And that's just a matter of making sure you use your credit card as if it were cash, and pay the balance 100% every month.

I intentionally have an ATM card that is only an ATM card, not debit. And that's all I used it for, getting cash out of the bank. Other than that, I'm 100% credit, which takes my bank accounts out of the loop.
I get that, but I don’t even have a CC in my name. The debit card has worked fine and I have no interest in a CC.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Its a circus right now. I cancelled my leaf spring order from Summit. They kept pushing the ship date foreword.

I ordered from an online vendor and the springs were sold as a kit and in stock.

Shipping notification shows one spring shipped, one spring on BO.

How can you advertise the springs as a kit, show the kit in stock, then ship one spring?

WTH am I going to do with one spring?

Reactions: Bones

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
i have to say, NPD is great to deal with. i think i have had only one or two back ordered items over the years, and tehy gave me the option of waiting, or canceling. i think both times i waited and got the parts a week or two later.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
You may want to look into a different bank. Both my wife and I’s debit cards have been hacked, and it was no issue at all getting my money refunded.
My comment may have been based on old information. While fraud protection is not necessarily "zero", debit cards typically do not provide the same security as credit cards. The following is a recent article...but I am sure there are exceptions.

General differences between debit and credit cards

Since we pay our cards off 100% each month I utilize credit cards that offer the best rewards. We usually get a sizable reward every year on our Costco (Citi) Visa.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I only use paypal, The order doesn't come I get my $ back. Done.
...but as soon as the delivery service marks it as "delivered" PayPal is done. Unless they have changed, they do nothing for damaged or wrong items. I too use PayPal, but fund it with a credit card so that I have double protection.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
You may want to look into a different bank. Both my wife and I’s debit cards have been hacked, and it was no issue at all getting my money refunded.
Agree. I use a credit union, had the same one for 22 years now. My card has been compromised a number of times over the years and fraudulent charges were either instantly rejected or refunded immediately. Some of the comments about fraud and banking in this thread, and others, make me think some of you guys need to stop banking like it's 1955 and you finally just moved your money out from under the mattress. Get out of the dark ages. If you feel like your bank is going to screw you over if your card gets skimmed at a gas station CHANGE BANKS. You don't have to be held hostage that way.

Credit unions are non-profit. They aren't trying to bury you in fees and screw you over to make a dime like Wells Fargo, Chase, etc.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts