Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this going too far?
I repaired the shackle points on the rear framerails on a `66 Coupe. To do that I removed and replaced the trunk floor dropoffs for easier access. They weren`t that bad but it was easier that way. :)
I also replaced the sheet metal that goes underneath the tail light panel because it was rusty and needed it.
OK, so since it was mostly removed and not in the best condition, I got a new one and removed the old tail light panel completely.
Let me tell you I`m getting tired of drilling spotwelds :p
So, I`m cleaning up the mounting points for the new tail light panel and the left side must have been in an accident one time `cause it was a litle "tweaked" I guess you could say. :(
I happen to have a parts car (or two) in the backyard so out comes the sawzall and now I have a nice original piece, don`t even know what that particular piece is called :eek:

But, do I really need to change it, you can`t really see it when the bumper and extentions are on the car.
Or have I just gone off the deep end..........

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Hey....if you do the job right, at least theres little chance those panels will rust for decades!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts