Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may sound a little crazy, but I have not been able to get in touch with the PO of my Mustang since taking delivery of the car in April. In one last attempt to get his attention, I have been sending an email to him every monday morning for 5 weeks nows, here is the email:

Hi (name withheld),

Remember me? I'm the guy that bought your old 65 fastback in March. I've been doing a heavy amount of work to it and thought you might have some interest in seeing the progress.
I maintain a website @ http://users.zoominternet.net/~dodgeram/index.html click on the pic of the mustang to see the progress.

I also wanted to know if I could pick your brain on a few items. Unfortunately the motor appears to need some work. It barely pasted a compression test and antifreeze found its way into the oil from some location or another. So I am preparing to pull the motor, strip it down and rebuild it. I am lining up parts and investigating options but need some information I don't have yet because I have not removed the motor.

Specially do you remember what type of 4v heads are installed on the 351c? (open, closed, quench, etc.)
Do you remember any information about the cam you installed? (Type, specs like lift and duration)
When you set up the motor, did you keep it stock bore, or did you get the block machined to .030 or some other amount.

I really appreciate any attempt you can make at answering these questions, because it could/will save me a great deal of money as I work to finish up the car.

I stopped calling him in April after I left a thrid message for him at his work number and home number because I didn't want to be a stalker. When should I just give up on this guy all together.

Just as addtional background, although there were somethings that could be construed as mis-represented about the car, I love the car and have never said anything mean to the PO in a message or email.

Do you think he is not responding because it is too painful because he sold the mustang he owned since 1979 or ,heaven forbid, could there be something diabolically wrong with this car I have yet to discover?

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Did the PO say to contact him anytime with questions? If not, maybe he figures that he sold the car to you, and he doesn't want to deal with it any longer.

If you think that there's something wrong with the car that was criminally misrepresented, attempt to contact him with your specific questions then talk to a lawyer. Otherwise, I say leave the poor guy alone.

What am I missing?

Steve

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
yeah, chances are he cut his losses and really doesn`t want anything to do with it anymore.
I had a dealer contact me about a car that I took a bath on with a wholesaler, he wanted me to talk to one of his potential customers, if I wanted to do that I would have sold it myself

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
I would make one more atempt to call him, then if that fell through, forget it. The last thing you need is a harassment law suite against you.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
He could be a little bitter about the transaction..."your problem now" type attitude. Don't read too much into this. Bottom line is, the car is getting nicer all the time now that you own it. If he doesn't want to be a stand-up guy and pass along info, that's his problem. I'd give the guy one more call...don't leave a message just see if he picks up...after that...forget him.

Great Ride! Good luck!

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well.....the day I took delvery of the car I still had some open questions that he said he would answer.....like, what heads did you put on, tell me more about the cam, but after the confirmation email I sent to him that the car arrived and it looked good, all communication shut down from him. I had asked previously if he would be available after the purchase to asnwer any questions that might arise, and he said he would do his best to help.

If he sent me an email saying, leave me alone, I would.
If he sent me an emali saying I don't know the answer, I would leave him alone.

If I sold a car and someone asked me a question, I would try to answer it, and if I couldn't I would say I couldn't...but I would not avoid or ignore. If I'm making a big deal ouf it, tell me.

As for criminal misrepresntation - all information I have on the car is word of mouth. So I would not have a leg to stand on the legal system...plus, I have no intention of entering into that circus. I'm already resolved to a new/rebuild drivetrain for the car...which would then mean that I replaced everything except the body and interior. So I quess that means I replaced 33% /forums/images/icons/wink.gif of a car that was ready for daily driver. This has been a learning experience for me with regard to car acquisition, but like I said, I still love the car...just wish I could get some crumbs of info.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
My $.01 (the other .01 WAS in my 401K)....

Leave the guy alone. You've called 3 times and sent 5 emails. One more is not going to get his attention. After hearing that you are having motor problems, he's probably afriad that you're going to try pinning it on him, so he's staying away.

The questions you have (bore/heads/cam) will all be answered when you tear the motor down.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I guess his "best to help" is not much. I think you've tried enough. Disappointing as it is, you should (IMO) drop the matter.

Steve

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Maybe if the subject line read something like "Tiny Cameras Let you Watch Your Home!" it may get his attention? I know they must work on someone or else why would people keep sending me emails like that? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Also, try starting with, "This isn't an email to get money back or start a lawsuit, just to get some info." it may be better? Otherwise, I'd just say you're done.
D

·
Registered
17 Posts
he must be driving some chev product know.A true mustang lover would give you all the info you should need.what comes around goes around may his future ride break down in rush hour traffic in the fast lane.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for the input. I will consider the PO dead or otherwise indisposed of with regard to moving forward on my 65fb projects.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts