Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After last year, I don't think I want to stay at the Knotts hotel. Any recommendations in the general area? When does registration etc. start?

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
The show is April 9th.

What was wrong with the Knott's Hotel? I thought having the bar there worked out fantastic. It made for a great meeting place and a great place to just hang out, and the staff there was a riot ... bringing me the Flaming Gorilla Fart, and the 3 Wise Men (or whatever those drinks were). I spent a ton of time in the bar with a ton of different VMFers.

I know that they surprised everyone with the parking charge, but otherwise, I thought it was a perfect place. I was planning to stay there again this year.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Ahh, I love Knotts...
Great show, get to hang out with Johnpro and other VMFers and have a few cold ones plus free room and board at my uncle's house. Doesn't get much better than that! :winkgrin:

Registration Forms should be online sometime in January at http://www.fordcarclubs.org/

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Stop rubbing it in......2 yrs in a row I was there, in 06 I'll be 2750 miles away with a fresh 489 cid big block and a 5 speed, but as much as I want to, I cant take that much time off to go in the new job :(

Can you imagine that gas bill though? :horror:

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Their 4:00 PM check in even if your room is ready at 11:00 AM. See copy of my complaint letter I e-mailed to you. I have stayed at this hotel since it opened as the Buena Park Hotel in the '70's. Maybe never again.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Yeah, I can't get those Falming Gorilla Farts out of my mind. Last year just sitting next to you was enough to get me cut off at the bar. If they still charge for the parking lot they should provide drop cords and floor jacks, though. Anyway, I'm willing to risk it again. Might even try to talk some of my Mission Trail Mustangs buddies into joining us. BTW, should I bring the Camaro or the Vette this year? ::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts