Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if people reuse their old ones, or buy new ones when rebuilding seats....

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
No, as long as it's not badly rusted. I can bead blast all small parts and paint. I figure the spring is needed most when seat position is changed and since I'm the only one driving my car, who cares about moving seat.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
I have original springs on all 4 of my seats. Both sets of seats have been done twice over the years and always reused the same springs.
Dave

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I am missing the big spring on one set of tracks, but I think I can dig one up. I am gonna love the before and after pics of these tracks, they look great now.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Once you get it back together just check to see if the original is still holding the seat tab on the adjusting lever firmly in the locating notch on the frame.

If it is not, it could come loose while driving, allowing the seat to shift. If it is still holding tight, no need to replace.

·
Registered
154 Posts
seat track hardware

Is it possible to purchase missing seat track hardware for a '65? I need a pair of those white plastic guides and one of those rollers. They were missing when I took the track apart to clean and paint them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts