Vintage Mustang Forums banner

When will it end?

658 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  70Coupe 
#1 ·
It all started when I hit that dang deer. It left a dent in the passenger side bumper on my Bronco. I stopped and looked back but the deer was no where to be seen and it was late at night.

Shortly after that I rubbed up against the bumper on somebody's F150. They had parked about 3 inches from me and a kid was trying to get out the door as I backed up. I posted something about that.

I spun on the race track and ruined all 4 tires on my race car. I finally got some new ET DRags for the back and I'm running VW bug tires on the front now.

The Bronco started running funky like as in hot which resulted in a new fuel filter, new o2 sensor, new battery and its still running funky. I had the cat's checked and the electrical system checked and every other which thing checked. I think it needs a new alternator, possibly the radiator rodded out and the clutch fan may be going away too and who knows, maybe I need a new thermostat and/or a new water pump.

I was backing my race car off my trailer at the alignment shop and both front tires fell through. I had to buy some plywood to put over the holes just to get home. I just got 8 new 2 x 10's($160) and am in the process of replacing all my boards.

The awning on my RV caved in and bent the roller tube during a torrentual down pour that I hadn't expected. When I left it was sunny out so I left the awning rolled out and with a downward angle just in case. I had just bought a brand new canopy($250) for it before it crashed. I'm still trying to get this repaired. A new awning would cost about a grand so thats out.

My washer went out and I'm having to trip down to the laundromat every week.

I'm on some new experimental medications that are costing me an extra $200 out of pocket each month. I've tried but can't seem to get any help so far with paying for all this. The $200 extra was about what I had left to spend on fixing up my old truck and doing stuff with my race car.

My dog died. No wait, I don't have a dog, LOL. If I did, it would have probably died.

I have a snake out somewherre at the edge of my yard. Its a stinky snake and moves around but I can't get a clear shot at it with my .22. Some birds were throwing a big fuss in the bushes out there and suddenly I heard one go EEERRRRRRRKK!! I think its snake food now. I'm so freakin paranoid about snakes that I'm seeing snakes everywhere when I go out side now. I carry my .22 every time I go out. My trailer work is right by where this snake has decided to make its home.

A "friend" that I thought was going to turn into someone nice to hang out and chill with, somebody to talk to just disappeared on me and I haven't heard from her in a while now. I think she just wrote me off.

All of this stuff has happened in the past couple months. The only thing I have that hasn't torn up is my race car but then I haven't been able to run it. I did notice a new drip under around the tranny pan or back of the oil pan though. I think I must be deer hex'd.

At least the new medication is helping a lot. I feel a whole lot better and I am staying positive somehow about all this but good grief, enough is enough already.

See less See more
G
#6 ·
Man you & I are in the same boat! Got fired from my job after 20 years in a union shop, sorry can't help ya. Just bought a new house, $1600 a month. Had one dog get sick, $800 & had to have it put too sleep later. Got one now in the shop with a bad spleen, she's not gonna make it! Spent all winter getting my race car NHRA ready, had to change the cam, hit the pistons. Drove it tonight, 10.90, not bad for an 8 second car. Hated the driver apparel & hated sitting in it worse. Looks like a $25K write-off no one else wants. Medication I'm on kills sex drive, wife's pissed. The other keeps me up all night, get 1-3 hours at best. Just put wood on the trailer & painted it, truck won't go pasr 25 MPH & got 5 MPG on a 5.0 NO. Barely making ends meet, got a lawsuit notice. Settled a Workers Comp suit after 3 years... don't want to go there! Looks like I picked a bad time to quit drinking! If you were in Oklahoma we could be drinking podnas! BTW ran off my last friend last week, said I didn't need my drag lites & tach so I couldn't have them back until I did. Going to crack open a liter & hope it goes down smooth.

#7 ·
Johnny,

Looks like someone threw you under the bus but good! *G*

When stuff like this happens to me, I usually go Fort Knox and hole up for awhile till the bad kharma blows over...it's more difficult now that I'm married but I still figure out a way.

Glad to hear the new meds are helping....even though I'm loathe to take medication, there sure are some wonderful and efficacious drugs out there....

If you've got to rant or unload, do it here....you're among friends...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.