Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking this winter to put a pass. Quarter panel, door shell, rocker panel, trunk lid, hood and drivers side inside cowel vent. I’ll most likely drop 1500$ on those parts alone, so where is the best place to get quality parts? Hoping for good fit and no dents or dings... but from what I’ve read that may be a pipe dream.. where would you guys suggest I look?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve been buying a few things here and there from them and am impressed with a) the quality of parts that I’ve recieved so far. b) the customer service is outstanding, in fact one of the customer service reps is working on a 66 mustang just like mine and knows pretty much exactly what I need when I call.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Well.. I’ve never bought body panels from them and for sure want the best I can get
Just be prepared that nothing repro fits exactly like old orignal panels and you will have to put some hours into getting a perfect fit. That's when you buy the good stuff ......

·
Registered
333 Posts
In my limited experience, if not actual FORD tooling, like said above you will have to limit your expectations. Ive gotten Goodmark and "CJ's Classics" fenders and both appeared to be made by the same Taiwan factory with equally poor packaging and fitment, but better than no fender at all. NPD sells Golden Legion, also from Taiwan. Pick your poison

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
The owner of NPD visits here often. A little while back he explained just what has been involved in sheet metal. So, take your pick, but I'd buy from somebody who knows.
And, the next best thing would be to plan a trip to pick the stuff up yourself. That way, you inspect it for dents, etc. Yeah, I know that could be impossible for a lotof us here. Nearest NPD from me is a 4 1/2 hour drive one way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The owner of NPD visits here often. A little while back he explained just what has been involved in sheet metal. So, take your pick, but I'd buy from somebody who knows.
And, the next best thing would be to plan a trip to pick the stuff up yourself. That way, you inspect it for dents, etc. Yeah, I know that could be impossible for a lotof us here. Nearest NPD from me is a 4 1/2 hour drive one way.
Thanks everyone for your replies… Going up to Michigan from Ohio isn’t that big of a deal to me I think in NPD is only about 2 1/2 hours from my house so that’s probably not a bad idea to go there that way I can inspect my own parts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts