Vintage Mustang Forums banner

where can I buy Parchment, sierra grain 2613 vinyl by the yard?

416 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  marcuse2004
Hello I'm looking for any suggestions on where I can buy parchment, sierra grain 2613 vinyl material by the yard. I believe this color was used on 1964 1/2 -1966. Any help is much appreciated.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Car seat cover

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Car seat cover Fixture

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it's 3 yards.. the dimensions are provided in the full description, tap on the photo to proceed to full page..

Rick
NPD
No, it's 3 yards.. the dimensions are provided in the full description, tap on the photo to proceed to full page..

Rick
NPD
Thanks Rick, I was hoping I can find at least 10 yards but. Three is better than none.

· Registered
399 Posts
You could call TMI directly. They sell by the yard, etc.

Per their site FAQs:

Can I order just materials?

Yes, we sell material by the yard. You can order online or directly through a Sales Representative by calling in. A standard roll of material measures 54 inches across. Double check material dimensions with a Sales Representative.

· Vendor
5,119 Posts
You could call TMI directly. They sell by the yard, etc.

Per their site FAQs:

Can I order just materials?

Yes, we sell material by the yard. You can order online or directly through a Sales Representative by calling in. A standard roll of material measures 54 inches across. Double check material dimensions with a Sales Representative.
Yep, we rarely get a request for 10 yards, usually 3 yards handles what's needed. For 10 yards, yes, see if TMI can't help you directly.

· Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Rick, just FYI; in the description at the link above, it says 54 inch x 72 inch and lists Manufacturer Reference #'s: TMI 43-2YARDSVINYL-2613. So it is listed as 2 yards.
54 X 72 = 3,888 inches. 1 square yard is 1296 inches. 3 X 1296 = 3,888. So it might be 3 square yards 🤷🏻

· Registered
5,540 Posts
SMS Auto Fabrics will have virtually any vinyl you’re looking for, even very rare and obsolete stuff. They will send you a free sample.

Just leaving that there in cases where NPD is not an option.

Reactions: marcuse2004

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I may need less or more, I'm going to double check with the upholstery shop to find out the exact amount I need. I figured if I had extra that would help if needed.
I plan on wrapping my dashboard, Door panels,1969 bucket seats with headrest. Convertible back seats, and a TMI Center Console Full Length. I know it's a stretch but if I had extra fabric. I would even consider wrapping the sun visors. I'm working on a 68 convertible. I've been getting to run around from my local upholstery shops. I will give TMI a call I also don't mind buying yards in increments from NPD to piece it together. I understand it's a shortage of supplies after covid.
Furniture Chair Comfort Rectangle Automotive tire

Automotive exterior Bumper Rectangle Auto part Font

Sleeve Rectangle Electronic device Electric blue Composite material

Furniture Chair Rectangle Comfort Armrest

Eye glass accessory Automotive exterior Eyewear Personal protective equipment Electric blue

Automotive lighting Rectangle Automotive exterior Bumper Grille

1 - 14 of 14 Posts