Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand $100 for a steering wheel...

Who has one that fits and looks decent for a reasonable price????

Thanks!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Year One has some for around 65.00

·
Registered
493 Posts
i coughed up the doe and got a Grant wheel, I understand a hundred bucks for a steering wheel, What i dont understand is the $600 or whatever for like, the 67 shelby HORN button... insane!

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
What style are you looking for? I bought my Grant GT steering wheel at autozone for around $40. There are also the mustang II steering wheels that some people like, as in this one . This exact wheel came on my Mach 1 when i got it. They can be had much cheaper on ebay if you have a bit of patience.

If you are looking at a rimblow wheel, forget it. $100 is cheap for a decent one. A nice one is $400+ Here is a stock 70 wheel that is for standard interior. It has a crack at the end of the spokes but you may be hard pressed to find one that doesn't have a crack. There are a few other standard interior steering wheels for 69/70 cars on ebay and prices vary depending on condition. If you are wanting the correct one for a 69, it will have the ring like this one . Again that is a decent wheel, thus the higher price.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
If you don't care about "correct" you can find a used standard one in good shape off a 71-73 for less than $50 on ebay. It will bolt right on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts