Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently replaced my 302 with a 351C, which is cooled buy a stock 2 row radiator. My 302 would get by, but the 351 can't run more than 15 minutes before going beyond recommended operating temp. Though looking at old posts I guess a 4 row is the way to go for cost and effectivenss even though a 2 row aluminum would cool better. My question is where should I buy this thing? I have a 72. If I got a 68 4 row would that work?? Or does it have to be 72 specific? I dont even have a shroud right now so Im having a nightmare keeping this thing cool at night here in san diego's 60 degree wheather! Please help. Josh.

btw. My budget is about 200 bucks. But I could probably scape a few more dollars together if need be.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
There have been several recent satisfied posts about Sacramento Mustang's units, approx $199 IIRC, 916-484-3434or to order, 800-442-8333, www.Sacramento-Mustang.com. Reportedly add'l discount for ordering on-line. I've not used one of theirs yet though.

I'm not certain, but didn't the water pump outlet change in 70 from pass to drivers side? Therefore a 68 unit may not work in your 72. I'm not certain however, look into it further.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
there has been a guy auctioning off dual 1" row aluminum radiators with a buy it now price of 159 on egay. Mine is on its way to me!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might just want to try running a shroud. I tried running a 160 degree thermastat in mine but had to put the 195 degree back in when the heater would go cold at idle with the 160!! That was of course during the winter here, but even now with the 195, the temp never goes higher than that. Try placing a piece of paper on the front side of the radiator when it's running. Move it around the edges, if it doesn't get pulled hard all the way around you're not fully utilizing the fan. Thus the heat is not getting pulled from the radiator.

Jason

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Here's an idea for a 20" four row (page down a tad):

http://www.mustangsteve.com/CarPics2.html

Also this:

Posted by MustangSteve on 6/25/2002, 9:22 pm

www.radiator.com is the largest distributor of radiators in the United States. They offer a huge selection of better than OEM radiators. Whether you are looking for all metal, all aluminum, optima core, polished tanks, or plastic aluminum for lighter weight, they stock it. They cover all makes and models, including many engine swaps. If you do not see your vehicle, just give them a call.
What to do to order...
1 Call our contact Yogi to order radiators at 1 (888) 874-0551 x231
2 or e-mail him at [email protected]
Visit the www.radiatorclub.com web site and become familiar with the discount program offered to our club. Our password is 3943673351
Be sure to mention MustangSteve and the password 3943673351 when you order. He is quite competitive on aluminum aftermarket stuff and he ships really quick.
Most big cities have a warehouse where you can go pick up the radiator as soon as you order it. Shop around - you will find these are pretty good deals. John is very willing to help with "weird stuff" too...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts