Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the classic mustang community, and I've never done a restoration before, but I've been thinking of taking on a project. One of my big concerns is where to find parts, and I'm not sure where to look. Are there any websites or places I can look for various parts for 1st gen mustangs?

Many thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
10,038 Posts
NPD and CJ Pony Parts are the most popular.

Welcome, start a Build Thread, I’d like to follow.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'm new to the classic mustang community, and I've never done a restoration before, but I've been thinking of taking on a project. One of my big concerns is where to find parts, and I'm not sure where to look. Are there any websites or places I can look for various parts for 1st gen mustangs?

Start searching with your favorite search engine. Read, comprehend and then read some more. Dream restoring a mustang and the search and read more.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I like swap meets. Sadly with recent events, they are like the buffalo. Hopefully soon they will return.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I support vendors who support this forum. National Parts Depot gets first view. I'll also throw business to CJ on occasion. If I can't wait for the part and want it NOW, then I go to Summit (less than one hour drive.) They have a surprisingly large amount of parts available for pickup at the warehouse. No freight charge either!

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
NPD is my go to 90% of the time. I have never had an issue and there customer service is 2nd to none. I will occasionally order from Virginia Classic Mustang and West Coast Cougar. There are a couple other places I’ve bookmarked for specialty items.

Reactions: Bernnstang

·
Registered
35,887 Posts

A lot depends on the type of part....

For reproduction sheet metal and replacement parts specific/unique to your car the above-mentioned NPD and CJPP are good sources.
For OEM New, Old Stock and Used, West Coast Classic Cougar is a good source.

For reproduction or service parts that were used across the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury line...everything from lug nuts to spark plugs to engine, transmission and rear end parts... Amazon, rockauto.com, eBay, Advance, AutoZone, O'Reilly, etc... I usually Google-search the part and compare prices and availability. For the past few years many of the parts I get are from Amazon (especially since I subscribe to Prime).

·
Registered
516 Posts
Go to CJ Pony Parts to find parts (easy to navigate website) and watch their videos. NPD has fantastic customer service. Common parts can be found at Rockauto.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used NPD. They have an excellent selection and great service. I would guess their fill rate was close to 99 percent. They are an excellent company that supports our hobby.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Any bets this is just some market researcher trying to be slick? These one of one posts crack me up.
Come on man, really, I'm thinking of buying a classic mustang, where do you get parts....Every car-related magazine I open has all the advertisers you need.....so, who do you work for...I bet ci pony farts....

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
NPD & Virginia Classic Mustang, most popular.
or maybe these guys, I've never used but friend has:

Some may go to CJ Pony .. if they don't mind having to wait for backordered parts. This just happen to my brother in-law (and others) two months to get the better quality hood hinges for his 67 Shelby. Because they had all the wrong cheaper parts mixed in the bins.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts