Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess the first question is, can I even get these parts? If not, please tell me what you all did and whatever cause these parts are pretty ugly and I'd hate to put such nasty parts in a car where everything is new. I've looked in the NPD book and couldn't find any of these. This first one I didn't really know what to call so I just snapped a pic of it.

1. http://acooljt.homestead.com/files/MVC-527F.JPG
2. Glove box insert
3. Ashtray
4. Cigarette lighter
5. Heater control knobs

Oh yeah, and this is for a 67 Coupe, standard black interior(this car had no options).

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
1. Good used only option.
2. Ebay or fellow VMF'er
3. Good used only option.
4. Last I saw that was available repro
5. Good used only option.
You'ld be suprised how much change can come about with a little elbow grease and some enginuity. Glovebox: Simple Green (rinse it off very well and then wash again with a mild soap to remove rest of Simple Green residue). Shoot it with some clear if you really want it to shine. Ashtrays usually clean up good with a wire brush. There's plenty still left in the yards out in the country. The heater control panel, buff it out with some very fine rouge and repaint the camera case.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Heck, I have most of those parts but they are available for CJ pony, Mustangs unlimited

·
Registered
261 Posts
I saw recently in the Virginia Classic Mustang Catalog where the 67-68 plastic glove box inserts are being reproduced. The price wasn;t bad either.

Good Luck,

Brian

·
Registered
597 Posts
None of those parts are rare, fortunately - so the three items that aren't being reproduced (1,3, and 5) should be pretty easy to find either here or on ebay.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys were right about 2 and 4, and thanks to whoever told me about Virginia Classic Mustang, I just added them to my "parts dealer" list.

But what about 1, 3, and 5? I may be able to salvage the ashtray but I'd have to sandblast it, you can't get the inside of it with a wirebrush.

Number 1 I don't know what I'm gonna do. I would just blast it and paint it but it's pitted, and I can't think of any way to get that out short of grinding it(YIKES!).

And lastly, part 5. Yes, I'm sure I can get from a salvage yard, but I don't want ones that are pitted. Heck, I've already got ones that are pitted. :p

Any other ideas on 1 and 5?

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone? Ideas on 1 and 5? LOL, please?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts