Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back I saw an add for "wheel shields" that go behind your wheels so you can't see the brake drums with 16" or 17" wheels. Anyone know what they are actually called and where to get them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh, maybe. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I didn't think I had been reading Import Tuner lately so I pulled out the Mustang magazine collection and found the article. Mustangs & Fords 11/2000, they're called billet style brake covers and they're available from C4 Motorsports (818) 998-2100. They made out of aluminum and come in satin (clear?), gray, or black. They make them for wheels 16-20".

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments. Yup, I've got front discs now and drums on the rear. I'm getting ready to supersize the wheels from 15" to 17". After spending a chunk of change on wheels and tires, I'm worried that the black drums are not going to look that great behind the wheels. I figure the brake covers were a reasonable plan if I don't like the looks of the painted drums.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Sidewinder. The rear drums are black now but I'm debating how they'll look behind 17" wheels. Any idea?

O/T but any idea on how many sidewinder mustang have been found to date? I remember reading somewhere that there were about 40 produced.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
There's only been 6 found to date. All that matters is you like the way your car looks. I'm stuck with 4 wheel drums, feel lucky.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A Sidewinder...I'd feel lucky too. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Any pictures posted of your car?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
If you go to yahoo and punch in "sidewinder mustang" it will go to a site maintained by wolfgang khorn. I haven't tried and don't know how to put my car by my postings. I would have to say that the wierdest part is that a deal on a legit twister had just fell through. I seen a car in the Desmoines register checked it out ( thought it was a little strange) bought the car. Got the original owners name from the warranty card and he told me that it was a sidewinder and sent me a picture. What are the odds, a sister car to the twister. Should have played the lotto that week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts