Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got mine working, the ones that mount under the dash in kick panel area (I think). They are currently tied up under the dash with the wiring harness (Previous owner installed new wiring harness) and I am wondering where they are supposed to mount ? I have one near the glove box and the other one is on the driver side area. There is about a 1/2" hole on the bottom part of the dash by emergency brake and I am not sure if this was a factory spot for that side ? It kinda looks like if Im put one there, it would not be long before my knee found while getting in and out and breaking it. Any thoughts where they go ??

·
Registered
93 Posts
Jon,

Not sure what year you have but on the 65 the lights assy's are kind of a tear drop shape. they mount on the very bottom lip of the dash about a foot in from the door on each side. There is 1 sheetmetal screw holding them on. There is also 1 that mounts inside the glovebox Its kinda pill shaped. HTH.

Brett.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a 66 coupe. The sockets are round. Correct ? about 1/2" diameter and they have 1 wire running to them and the base of them make the ground once they touch metal. That is why I figured they went throught some hole. How does the sheetmetal screw hold them on ? If I new how to post a pic, I would do that and it would possibly help. I got the glove box light and have that hooked up. I have not put in the glove box yet since i want to track down an emergency flasher and wire that up first.

·
Registered
372 Posts
On my '66 the one on the passenger side is about 8" from the kick panel. The drivers side is about 3" to the right of the steering column, under the ignition switch.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
It sounds like you are missing the bracket that the socket goes into. It's teardrop shaped, as mentioned in the previous post. It will have a hole in it that the screw goes through to attach it to the dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts