Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the supermarket today & looked through an Old Cars Price Guide. Are these people on crack? Maybe LSD? A #1 car $23,500? I figure mine is at LEAST a #1 since it's original. I want to know just who is trying to drive up these prices & how they expect to see anything sell for even close to that! Some people need to get into the REAL world & see even with a high appraisal, you still can only sell a car for what it sells for, not necessarily what someone says it's worth! My '70 Spoiler was $7000 & I can't sell it for that unless I part it out & I'll junk GTA's & an occasional Shelby but NEVER a 1 owner clean driver! Now I know why men lose their hair in middle age... we try to understand & justify every little thing in our world! Man.. I miss the '70's!

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Probably from the same people who think that putting a Holley carb on your C-code magically transforms it into a rare and elusive Hipo. (yes, it's a pet peeve)

·
Registered
981 Posts
a #1 car would be a trailer queen,never driven.a show car driven once in a while would fall under # 2, a nice clean driver would fall under a # 3 catagory

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me say that a #1 car can't compete with a car with original paint, all paperwork, interior, drive train, distributor cap & wires... Unrestored cars are in a class to themselvs. Anyone can restore a car and from what my appraiser told me & I quote" That's the nicest Mustang I've ever appraised. How in the world did you get it? Car is well worth the $22,500 I'm appraising it at!" This was 1999.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I noticed your '65 has 66 hub caps. Did somebody change them or was that an option I'm not aware of? Your car looks so nice in your pics that for a long time I thought it was a well made plastic model complete with its own miniture display!

I've seen that book too. Seems my rust free California car 66 is worth something near $14,000 but I've never found anyone willing to pay it so I still have it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I got the car it had '69 Mahc styled wheels on it because he couldn't find the original wheel covers in his 20+ acres of Mustangs & parts. He has since brought me the originals that are on it now. Good spot! I never noticed but it kinda does look like a model huh? Guess I need a better pic! LOL

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I have a convert (65) that needs a lot of sheet metal work. Mechanically it is in very good condition. It is probably a low 3 or high 4 car (according to this thread's definitions at least). I was offered $15,000 last week for it. That was the "buyer's" first offer, when I told him I wasn't interested in selling it he stopped rather then go higher. So, it is amazing what these cars will sell for - if you are willing to sell.

John Harvey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts