Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in town a few years, but still haven't found many local speed shops. I've dealt a little with Mustang Plus on the east side of town, and also with Motorsports of KC in KCK. I live in Piper by the speedway, and work in Lenexa. What other options are there if any?

·
Registered
110 Posts
True, I live nearby in Topeka. Mustang Plus was pretty good. I usually just go Jeg's for most stuff, but that doesn't help if you are a concours guy. I echo that online is usually cheapest.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If it isn't a part I can at a local Autozone or Advance I usually go with ordering online. I'm not looking at stock or NOS stuff so what ever seems cheapest and works is fine with me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered most parts online till I found out about Mustang Plus. I like being able to get the parts when I need them and keep the money local. I only use them for restoration parts though. I was looking for places to buy performance parts though. I like the idea of supporting local businesses.

·
Registered
252 Posts
R & A Motorsports in Lees Summit,
Mustang plus prices seem high
Motorsports of KC is a good place for performance stuff.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just an FYI
I was at the KC Pick N Pull today and they had an old '62 Galaxie with most parts still there if anyone is looking for parts. Also in the front seat was a yellow Mach1 trunk lid from what looks from a '71-'73 Mustang. I almost picked it up so it wouldn't get crush once the car goes but didn't.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I support Joe at Mustangs Plus all I can. He is there when we need him to help sponsor activities or help you complete that weekend project. :thumbsup:

If you find a better price, ask him to match it. He has matched a lot of prices for my restoration project, and even beat prices on original parts. You can also look at the parts before you buy them and avoid shipping prices/hassels.

If he doesn't have it he'll let you know.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the guys at Mustang plus too, and plan to continue using them for reproduction parts, but the ordinal reason I posted, was looking for speed shops that handle a wide variety of performance parts.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have had good luck with Motorsports of KC. They are mostly a stock car shop, buy the guys are helpful and knowledgeable.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I'll second Motorsports of KC. I've known Brad and Slim there for over 20 years now - all the way back to when we all worked together for Dale Wilch... :bitch: They're both "Ford guys" - Slim has always been a drag-racer...

·
Registered
90 Posts
For performance parts try Star on Lackman road in Lenexa, for mustang parts Mustang Plus. On the second floor they have tons of used parts everything you can imagine. I've known Joe & his dad for years they are top notch people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts