Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A classic question! I’m redoing my front suspension and now reinstalling everything. I can’t figure out where this bolt goes. Somewhere in removing the upper/lower control arms, calipers, strut rods, etc, this was removed on the passenger side, but can’t figure out where. It’s doesn't appear I removed it (or it exists?) on the driver’s side?! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
34,228 Posts
Hmmm… I don't recall Ford using that. Do you have an extra bolt hole? Perhaps in an aftermarket suspension part?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
It has a tapered seat so I wondered if it sits in one leg of a heavy duty pair of pliers or something

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, overall this is reassuring (not missing a caliper bolt!), just need to figure out where it came from! I’ll take a look at all my tools tomorrow. I’m still stumped.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Remember that many hands have touched these cars over the past 50 years and I suspect that someone with a coffee can of miscellaneous used fasteners is the likely source for that one.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear ya. Seems all other fasteners are accounted for, so hoping this is from a tool, or something. Scary that I can’t recall, as this project is only a few months old, not years!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts