Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do you get the most attention with your Mustang?
Cruise ins?
Driving it around town?
Gas stations?
Local Starbucks?
Car shows?
Shopping malls?
Work parking lot?
Western Auto or Pep Boys?

I used to get attention almost everywhere I went..but at gas stations I usually got a crowd and also a lot of thumbs up by driving around town on Sundays.
I think that on car shows with so many cars they go practically un-noticed since there are so many together and unless its a real show stopper it will go less noticed than when its surrounded by modern cars on the highways.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Cardomain.com, its the only place anyone sees it, besides you guys (and gals) and my sig picture.

·
VMF Full-Timer
3,823 Posts
Driving thru town and thru the country side, mainly because that is the only time it's on the road, I have never done a show.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
At a chevy show!

·
Registered
433 Posts
At my body & paint guy's shop :p

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Umm, my doesn't get attention, it sits in a stall. I'm interested to know what's it like though, I've always dreamed of getting attention in a hot car.

·
Administrator
19,528 Posts
Trouble gets noticed pretty much wherever I have it, including today while it's on jackstands. :lol: My coupe gets noticed, too, but it's mainly at car shows. When I used to haul it on an open trailer, I would get a lot of comments from truckers on the CB and from people at gas stations.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I get a lot at Gas Stations

Al

·
Registered
283 Posts
I get a lot of attention at the local Ford dealer. I'll go there sometimes to look at the Roush Mustangs. The sales guys always try to guess the value of my Mach 1. Some are actually pretty close.
Joe

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Kinda everywhere but especially at the Ford Dealership getting it inspected......

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Mine only gets attention from my wife when she has to walk around it to get in her truck.
That and the 15 or so hours I give it a week!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Only time anyone sees mine is when I open the garage and work on it. I usually get some strange looks. I guess no one around here has see someone fix a car. Of course, now I'm the "neighborhood" mechanic. And my parents coming by and complaining that I'm wasting my time with it. But who ever listens to their parents?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Unfortunately, my car doesn't get out anymore and it sits outside. It gets way more attention than I like and I live "off the beaten path." Someone is always looking at it and asking if it's for sale. I say sure, but it's not worth the amount of money it would take to get me to sell it!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I get lots of " :thumbup: " when in traffic. Lots of people at work, when I drive it during the week. I get a little tired of the "is that a '66?) or what engine does that have in it.

Anyway, sometimes I like talking to folks about my car. I don't have a lot of patience for the "talkers" that want to tell me 'bout the 66 BOSS302 that their brother's cousin's uncle used to jump coke bottles with. :p

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Haha! I know what you mean! A guy I work with likes to tell me about the 68 Mach 1 his aunt once owned. I let it go at first, but I finally had to tell him there is no such beast. He then proceeded to try and convince me that maybe it was some rare promo type car that had very limited production numbers. Yeah, ok.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
This one is easy.

1.GAS STATIONS

You have to plan 10 minutes into your schedule.

2. Driving knowing your blind spot is a staring contest of monumentally aggravating proportions .

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
mostly gas stations, I usually take the kids to the movie rental place once a week in something cool. Always, get questions...

My favorite time was when I took the kids to their soccer game in a GT500, when we got out of the car, one of kids yelled "wow! and she is on my team ! " I took some pictures with him behind the wheel... he always waves to me when I see him at school.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
You must be the cool Dad that all of your kids friends' wish was their Dad.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts