Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a trans from what I thought was a reputible shop through the internet and have had nothing but trouble with it since installing. First the planetary snapped in two from them polishing it to paper thin status, then the valve body stuck and now this morning, it stopped working completly - AGAIN!

I'm through with those jokers and need a REPUTABLE shop, who knows what they are doing who can build a performance C6 that can withstand being hooked up to a 429CJ with a driver who has a lead foot.

The Dallas area is preferable for a shop location but would like to hear about any shop who is great at what they do and will stand behind their work.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
758 Posts
My reply, based on your subject line, was going to be "on your kitchen table." :)

It's probably too far for you to deal with, but ATO in Sacramento has an unparalleled reputation. I had my C4 rebuilt into a bulletproof monster by them. It might be worth the freightage to have them build and send one your way.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked for them on-line and didn't see a website or listing for ATO. Do you have an address, email or phone number you can share?

Craig

·
Registered
758 Posts
I looked for them on-line and didn't see a website or listing for ATO.
No online presence - too busy building trannies. :)

ATO
Advanced Transmission Operations
Jim Galatioto
2660-E Mercantile Dr
Rancho Cordova CA 95742
916.636.3287 fax

Never do heating system work on your kitchen table. That's for the bathroom sink. Carburetors, trannies, pumpkins and fuel pumps - THAT is what the kitchen table is for.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Contact Powertrain Development in Houston. They did the C6 in my 73 vert (rollerized and low gear kit). They build trannies for 10-second pickup trucks so they can build a tranny that will take whatever you throw at it.

www.powerdemon.com or (713) 937-8200. Ask for Robert or Dennis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts