Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a dozen years ago I walked through a yard near Corydon, IN that had lots of old cars. I can't remember the name or how I found it, but I remember it being somewhat in the boondocks. I know there is a yard on 135 south of Corydon, but that's not the one. Does anyone know where I was?

Pat

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hello,,,i believe the yard you are after is mister Stinson's,,he had a LOT of old school stuff,,mostly picked over,,,but definatly a time warp back to the mid 1970's. Me and my friend Murphy Allen pulled a ton of stuff from that place over the years,,,and also from 135 auto parts in corydon (of which i found my 66 ranch wagon i still have),,and numerous other small yards in that area.That area of southern indiana was a gold mine for musclecar stuff back in the day till about 1992,,when the hillbillies started on drugs and crushing all the good stuff.I could write a book on what we have pulled from that area over the years,,,too bad it's all crushed out now. How about the 69 Mach on Highway 111 south that was a R-code 428 SCJ,,V-code rear gear,just outside of New-Albany,,yes it was a real drag pack car,,that had gone under water several times when the Ohio flooded,,and they didnt have sense enough to put it up on higher ground.The car still exists,,i have seen it recently,,but she said it cant be bought. There was a TON of great stuff in that area that i could write a book about. Jeff K.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that was it! I had the name Sturgeon stuck in my head and knew that wasn't right. Are you saying the place is gone now? If it's not, where is it?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I really dont know for sure if he is still there,,,i had heard a couple of years ago that he had passed away,,,but i dont know for sure,,it has been at least 6 years since i was there last,,and i dont remember him having much of anything left that was useable.If you want to see one of the last of the old school yards in indiana,see larry plesinger's place just outside of scottsburg,,he's in the phone book.He is up there in years now,and pretty hard to deal with,but he will sell stuff,and really a nice guy one he gets to know you.Once he's gone,,that will probably be it for any big yards with old school stuff in this area. Jeff K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts