Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking to buy 2 BFG Radial T/A's 205/60/15's for the front. Costco doesn't sell that size. The Tire Rack sells them for $66 each plus $18 to ship both. Do you think there are any other places that have similar prices? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Check out your local Ford dealership and see if they will order them in for you. The dealership around here will match any price; see if your dealership will do the same.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Also, if you have a Discount Tire locally they often have the tires in store priced the same as on their website. The Discount Tire near me is usually pretty competitive with mail order prices once shipping is figured into it.

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,686 Posts
John:

The local America's Tire store matches prices and includes free flat repair as one of their customer perks. If they don't have a particular tire in stock, they can usually get it.

Regards, Jeff

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Costco ordered my tires, even it though it was a size they did not normally carry, I just needed to pre-pay.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I did the same as SAC69. I ordered my BF Goodrich TA's online and when they were delivered to the Costco near me I went in and they installed them.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts

·
Registered
8,677 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Even if Tire Rack was higher, I'd probably still buy from them. I've gotten at least 20 sets of tires from them over the years, and their service, help, knowledge and professionalism is unmatched by anyone else I've used (kind of the NPD of the tire world!).

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i bought mine off of tirerack. no way i could afford them otherwise! i didnt know that america's tire does price matching, that would have been nice.....

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I got 4 of the same tire in the 225 width from America's Tire Store for just a hair under $500 out the door (no insurance). They price matched Tire Rack.

Frank

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
that's great to know, ill be there for replacements!!!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Aaaaggggghhh...I got my cars mixed up! I got tires for my SHO shortly after getting the tires for the Mustang. The SHO tires are the ones I got at America's Tire. Different tire, different car, but they still price-matched. Sorry about that!

This shouldn't be happening yet...I'm only 43! :crybaby:

Frank

1 - 14 of 14 Posts