Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some Dynamats from Eastwood, apack of 5, and I'm now wondering were the best places to put them are? I already got the stock Sound deadening stuff on the floors that is shaped for the car. If I install in the doors do I put it on the metal that behind the window, or another way of saying it, if one stands outside of the car and looks at the side of the mustang, specifically at the door, should I placed it on the other side of the piece of metal that you see. Or should I place it directly behind the door panel (the vinyl part of the door)? Or at the kick panels or below the seats? or at the quarter panels? Where Should this stuff go?

Also, Do i need to buy insulation to put under the stock sound deadener, or can I place down the sound deadener then place on top of the sound deadener, the carpet with a thin layer of insulation attached on the bottem of it? The question is: Do i need more insulation? I live in NC so it is hot in summer and about 32f in the winter.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
193 Posts
i suggest putting the dynamat behind the door panels-stuck to the door, not the panels. you will also want to put it behind the kick panels. i say put it everywhere you can think of because it will make the world of difference. maybe someone else can tell you some great spots

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I would create a "bath tub" around the interior...with the dynamat stuff...

this way the interior is protected from excessive noise...

this means adding it to the firewall, floors, (especially under the rear seats and rear wheel humps) B pillars and get a trunk to cabin divider and add some there too.... do the doors, kick panels, and the interior of roof (under headliner) since it tends to resonate quite a bit...

this should add about 15-20 lbs on the car but the sound proofing is worth it....you'll hear the growl of the motor instead of the rattle can sound and howlingwind/road noise....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts